PDA

View Full Version : superheat and subcooling

Tankerbox
18-03-2011, 10:59 PM
hello folks! I have a question.
whats the best and surest way to check and adjust the superheat and subcooling on domestic refrigerators and freezers useing cap. tubes. at what pionts do you take the readings? Love this forum, good advice here. Thanks.
Harvey.

Brian_UK
18-03-2011, 11:22 PM
As most domestic refrigerators are not fitted with access ports I would think the question is hard to answer.

If they have got access then it is the same as any refrigeration circuit.

vickgr
19-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Don't need to know that fancy stuff in domestic fridges. As Brain said their is no ports on the high side. Just charge gas according to the weight it needs. Then monitor to see if frost don't form on the suction to close to comp. Most cases you can figured out if it works by touch feeling the heat on the discharge and the cold on the suction. Hope this help.

2ps
19-08-2011, 03:42 PM
If there is a Back pressure access port on the compressor you can charge in 100 grams of refrigerant the adjust until you have 15KPA of back pressure.

Hope this helps

chillerman2006
19-08-2011, 05:57 PM
hello folks! I have a question.
whats the best and surest way to check and adjust the superheat and subcooling on domestic refrigerators and freezers useing cap. tubes. at what pionts do you take the readings? Love this forum, good advice here. Thanks.
Harvey.

Evening Tanker Box

As everyone previous has said "you have no adjustment" as such

If it's charged & working, all that needs doing is keep the condensor clean & defost it reguarly

If charging you have some minimal control

I charge about 50grams, then just 10grams at a time letting it settle in between, untill its cooling

Then I let the fridge & freezer pull down to near temp & then open the doors slightly & continue 10grams at a time untill I have 10-8 degree's C of superheat

Very easy to overcharge & sometimes have to decant & start again

Note: I never use line valves that puncture the tubework to charge (they will leak adventually) other than to decant a system, always sweat in a schreider fitting

R's chillerman