PDA

View Full Version : piping installation

Eep
18-03-2011, 04:22 PM
hi...I want to install piping air conditioning with lenght vertical about 15 meters and horizontal 50 meters,indoor position at 10th floor and outdoor position at 7th floor,my question is how the unit work to efficient?

james10
18-03-2011, 04:54 PM
as long as this is within the design and installation specification of the unit it will operate correctly and efficiently

JoeAT50A
21-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Even though piping limitations are allowed, normally you need double check your correction fator for your cooling or heating capactiy. As far as I known, usually capacities will affect and drop due to pipings and Indoor outdoor design temperature. For example your case vertical height 15 meters, horizotal 50 meters is let say within manufacturer spec 100m total limitation. Your indoor design temperature 23C, outdoor ambient temperature 36C.
In my experiences, your 65 meters will drop 20% due to piping and temperature wise another 5% drops.
Your left only 75% of your capacity and some time you might need to upzise your A/C.
Most A/C could have Correction factor 1 (100%) if your piping is within 5 meters and tempeature is quite simlilar to their rating condtions. Be careful when you install long piping A/C, you need to take notes. If not end up become undersized A/C and you do not have magic hand to increase the capacity.