PDA

View Full Version : Department of Energy & Climate Change - RHI Incentives

yinmorrison
16-03-2011, 10:35 PM
The recent Draft Proposal by this Department contains statements to the effect that Domestic & Commercial Customers will be eligible for certain allowances and incentives for installing among others , Heat Pumps , in all forms ie Air/Water, Water/Air,Ground/Water etc instead of Gas Fired appliances. However in order for either Commercial or Domestic customers to comply with the requirements for qualification they must employ MCS Accredited Installers and they in turn must be a Member of REA. This to me means that all A/C Installers will now have to become members of both these Bodies in order to Trade.
It seems that all of us who are members of our relevant Trade associations up until now will have to go through further bureaucracy to continue Trading otherwise we will be left behind as no customer will do an installation now unless we are members of these associations. It could of course be construed that if all A/C Contractors bite the bullet and join up we could be looking at taking over the whole Commercial and Domestic Markets as no one is being encouraged to install gas boilers/heaters.
Or does anyone have further info. It is only Draft at the moment however if we let it go without comment it will be legislation soon.

SimplyAC
17-03-2011, 01:52 PM
What time scale are we looking for this to become legislation?

yinmorrison
21-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Summer 2011 from what I can gather.

Refrig Perry
23-03-2011, 06:41 AM
If this is true, this is a very quiet admission that we are the cause of recent Global Warming trends.
Personally, in the short term I feel we will have more opportunities with these policy changes. In the long term, the damage has been done and we are just delaying the impending penalty.
Gas is a dangerous substance. We just had an entire town burn to the ground because the Gas Company out here does not maintain their lines properly. Who wants to be a part of that? Come home one day and your whole family is burned to a golden crisp. That is not Natural at all.