PDA

View Full Version : Transportation of refrigeration clarification.

TRASH101
14-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Sorry for for the question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere at the moment!:confused:

If a unit is pumped down can it be transported and if so does it need to be done by licensed waste carrier?

Thanks

Brian_UK
14-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't see why it can't be transported, consider a newly purchased condensing unit with built in gas charge.

:off topic:
No Latinam docebat autem cupidatat Google

frank
15-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I would think it all depends on whether you classify the gas as 'Waste'.

In Brians example, I don't think this would be classed as waste, so the regs wouldn't apply.

Also, If your premises have a 'Producer Waste License' then you can legally transport the gas from the customers job site to your premises, no matter what container it is in (as long as it's fit for purpose and safe).

Brian_UK
15-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Also, is the unit being transported for disposal or is it being taken to workshop for repair; or simply being relocated to another site/area?

andychill
16-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Why are you guys so worried about this bullsh1t?

Who, exactly, is going to be watching you, let alone reporting you for not complying with these stupid 'laws'?

Just get on with earning your living, do a decent job and look after yourselves.

TRASH101
16-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Andychill

Peace of mind is something I value and to do a decent job involves knowing what the job is, to its full extent, the law is part of the job these days.

Thanks Brian and Frank

Brian the units may do all three of those scenarios all the known units for disposal will be decanted on site.

clivemtk
16-03-2011, 08:11 PM
I would think it all depends on whether you classify the gas as 'Waste'.

In Brians example, I don't think this would be classed as waste, so the regs wouldn't apply.

Also, If your premises have a 'Producer Waste License' then you can legally transport the gas from the customers job site to your premises, no matter what container it is in (as long as it's fit for purpose and safe).
would you not need a waste carriers licence for that

frank
16-03-2011, 08:44 PM
would you not need a waste carriers licence for that
Your Premises Licence covers it.

clivemtk
16-03-2011, 08:55 PM
transportation of waste goods without a licence = siezure of vehicle

frank
16-03-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.acrib.org.uk/NLMPLR30858

For the sceptics among you, all is clarified here

andychill
17-03-2011, 12:16 AM
transportation of waste goods without a licence = siezure of vehicle

Nice line, but how are they going to prove that you are transporting waste goods?

If you're the sort of person who assumes that some geezer wearing a high-viz jacket (fancy dress to the enlightened) has the authority over you to ask you questions, let alone glean important details about who you are and where you work / live etc, then you must be stupid and probably deserve to be fined.

frank
17-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't know if this link will work as it's from the Members area of the Refcom website, but it links to a 12 page guide on the Hazardous Waste Regulations......interesting stuff.

http://www.refcom.org.uk/elite/downloads.aspx

clivemtk
17-03-2011, 04:49 PM
police have right stop and sieze if you read transportion of waste goods act

cool_kid
21-03-2011, 07:49 PM
let alone glean important details about who you are and where you work.

Unfortunately that is written on the side of most vans.