PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi trailer unit

perthtech
10-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey all,
Just seeing if anyone has worked on the trailer unit, i think its called Pegasus....
If you have what do you think????

Robert Hilton
10-03-2011, 06:57 PM
We have two. Itīs a good unit, simpler than an SL/SLX and has more capacity. Some of the spares come at a premium, including filters. The MT version will be coming out soon.
It is called the Pegasus

charlie patt
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
the spares do bite a bit but not a bad unit to be fair

perthtech
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks, but where are the units located, High ambients or low. i was wondering how they would go in ambients of about 38 to 44 deg C max.....

charlie patt
11-03-2011, 09:19 PM
low ambient in this neck of the woods today 11 dc and thats good for march hottest we get is poss 28 if we are unlucky

Robert Hilton
12-03-2011, 06:00 AM
The highest ambient we've had in past few years was something like +35, so I can't say with certainty.
The Pegasus uses a controller based on reefer container units, which means there is a fair amount of redundancy and back-up to ensure the unit continues to run, even in the most arduous conditions. It has an EEV and various other solenoid valves that work in conjuction to reduce the discharge pressure and comp temperature where necessary.
Inversely, if the unit is running on a low charge, it will continue to tweak the suction pressure to keep the unit running as long as possible.

perthtech
17-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for that Robert, i will see if i can get more info.