PDA

View Full Version : Blast Freezer Evaporators Selection

Mahmoud
12-09-2005, 12:30 PM
A blast freezer @ Room temp. of -40*C, the evaporator if selected based on the capacity @ Evaporating temp. of -46*C it would for example 12 KW, so if am gonna select the blast cooler according to this capacity with a delta T of 6, the size of the evaporator would be very silly and small, the thing am doing that i consider the capacity @ Evaporating temp. of -35 which will be 20 KW, by this way i have a logical size of the cooler and it works efficiently and the temperature is reached, but i still wonder if i can select a smaller (Economical) evaporator lets say @-40*C with a capacity of 15 KW, and why, and what is the rule and limits??!!

botrous
12-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi , how are you doing ?
Aren't those something we all have to say when entering a house , a store , a communityyy ????

botrous
15-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi Mahmoud how are you doing ? I bet you are very polite yourself just to say hello when entering a forum for the first time , as for my english the mates can understand what i'm saying . . . .

GUYS i gonna be a little rude and impolite and publish a private message I received from Mahmoud

This is the copy paste message as it is , just copy paste

hey botros, teach your self up how to be a gentleman, and fix your english (those something).... 4 the god sakes .. botuous is the name !! stay away teacher..

So what do you think guys , I'm impolite , that message was sent because of my reply to the threat (this one )linked here for reference
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3081

Considering that this was Mahmoud's first post in the forum , this can be verified by searching the posts by Mahmoud from older to newer (simple forum option and glad it exists)

Peter for the name that Mahmoud can't spell well sorry for his language , Mahmoud my real name is Pierre = Peter = Botrous so if you can't define a name don't bother yourself by trying to spell it .. . Peter I think our names are outdated , why don't we try to change it.

And Mahmoud , why you are getting no answers ? because you should salute the people before expecting replies.

I have an idea , why not making a poll on how we feel when someone asks for something before saluting and if we feel that really we want to reply. Another Idea :D a poll to see who thinks i'm polite enough to be among you guys or i'm not and you are just supporting me by politness.

Boss and administrators please forgive me for beeing nastyyy to publish this post in 2 threats so who should read can read . . . :confused:

Mahmoud please don't misunderstand my post , I welcome you from my part ;)

chillin out
15-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Botrous, Im with you. If you hadn`t of said it 1st either I or somebody else would have said it.

I also posted this in both threads because we ARE mates and I will always back you up.
Both you and peter1 are probebly not the best at speaking perfect english but you are polite and genuine people whom are liked thought this forum.

Another Idea a poll to see who thinks i'm polite enough to be among you guys or i'm not and you are just supporting me by politness.
As far as im concerned you are respected active member of this family.

botrous
15-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the compliment Chillin . . .

I'm not asking you to always back me up , just do it when you think I'm right , when you think I'm wrong try to direct me to the right way :)

And thanks again for participating in my poll about my politness , i guess i've scored a point .

Best Regards

Lc_shi
16-09-2005, 01:42 AM
It's an unhappy thing.
Here is the place for professionals to discuss and exchange ideas. Nobody has the responsibility to answer any question. It wiill depend on what about the question--how to ask,how to present,how to continue to ask. The politeness is the basic. You've no right to complain anybody not to give answers.

botrous
16-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Hi Luchian , are you adressing to me ???:confused:

US Iceman
16-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Hi Botrous,

I'm with you (if you do not mind having an American in the group :D )

I have been out of the office for several days and see that you have changed your avatar??

Is this related to the problem you have been experiencing?;)

I consider this forum an excellent way to assist other people who would like some help. We are all interested in refrigeration systems; some prefer small systems, others like big systems.

As far as language is concerned, refrigeration is what is the common interest. Not politics, or bashing someone for beliefs.

I am surprised the gentleman almost demanded an answer though.

I would not worry about it. Sometimes people just have bad days.

Regards,
US Iceman

botrous
16-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi US Iceman , how are you doing ?
No :) i don't mind americans , i don't discriminate people neither i'm a racisit , I beleive all people are equal and they all deserve a chance to express their selves and to developpe their lives to better ways , I beleive in the UN human rights :):)

Yes the change of the avatar is related to the problem , it's a very civilized way to reply to our new mate for his private message , at least i consider it more civilized than direct offences....

I do consider the forum a great place for helping and getting help , and that it should be preserved in the best ways , which in my opinion includes general admissible behaviour .

As for the politics and the beleifs , well i hate politics in general and i don't evaluate a person for what he beleifs . . . .

Let's hope he just was having a bad day . . . Noone minds newcomers , we want them to come and to have new faces , new ideas , new discussions . . . each one of us was a newcomer to this forum once :) but we knokked the door . . . so let's hope that Mahmoud was just having a bad day

Best Regards

Mahmoud
17-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Dear Peter,,

oh god how much am surprised to open the website after 2 days to find such wars replies, comments, supports and things i cannot describe, what is this a battle field ?!!, the last one i thought he'll have such position is you !! i dont want to go through it again but it was as simple as it is, i had a technical question, i wrote it, no body answered its ok, but i dont accept to read such words for whose trying to tach me politeness in such words of botrous, if u considered that impolite asking without saying hi to others its your right, but you didnt say to me or send it at least in a private message, the only one who did is botrous whose trying to be different, then he was copying and pasting here and there ,, and somebody is thanking him here , and other one is supporting him there,, is this a war ?!! i've asked my question pure technically, things are exaggerated here and i dont know 4 the god sakes how much time ppl are spending time just to comment this issue, i feel my self silly talking about this, it is like am chatting on mirc or messenger and act like a teenager coz what happened doesnt need that much of wars, and it seems that botrous succeeded with the marketing of this meaningless issue, peter if you are talking about the standards i believe in them with the same level u r. and sending a private message to botrous was not to spoil the site with those who break the standards like botrous coz his first accent wasnt within the level of the standards that u've mentioned.. and i can reply him in the way he should be replied but i prefer keep the words 4 my self instead of going silly more and more coz i think we should be more of an open minded adults to go through i said and he said coz we all know who behave like this, peter i hope that u'll get my point..

regarding my question peter, i want to clarify one point, i will not get -45 room temp. from -35 evaporating.. and who said so ?!! i mentioned that the room temp. is -45 and we do the selection based on the capacity of the -35 evaporating which is giving more capacity than -45 from the compressor data sheet to make the cooler bigger enough from that point not to get -45 from -35 evaporating :

http://www.ecopeland.com/prodcat.cfm...ref=1&prod=426

i know exactly what am talking about peter, and am surprised to have that ironic reply from your side, coz i believe that u r open-minded and professional to meet the demands and questions, i swear by god am surprised !!, peter am not new to refrigeration, a 12 KW cooler peter ..!! u dont know me peter , so u cannot judge me, and for the answer i dont need it peter, am sorry to say so, but it is really seems that it is not a friendly environment here .. u personally made that sure... i swear by god i've entered your site after i have received happy birthday from your site so i remembered to enter here again and ask that question which was in my mind. not saying hi to anybody even mandatory but it is not a crime 4 the god sakes.. to have all this miss here..

and regarding botrous i think my private msg 4 him is enough, he was the only one reply with such words (read it again peter plz), again i think that msg is enough, i prefer being away of such silly and childy conversation .. u said and he said...

Peter am sure u'll understand what i tried to say, i have no problem personally with you, if there is, tell me so i dont have to be in this environment, nothing deserves to stand such wars..

Regards peter..

botrous
17-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Mahmoud , how are you ?
I bet mates as i did myself will find those new post of yours more polite than the firsts :)
As for your language , congrats . . . i bet that if we have a closer look to your posts , we will not find any mistakes. . . .
As for publishing the private message you sent me and as you don't have anything to be shy from , why you are complaining about that . . . ? Your way of writing (talking) in that message really showed your respect for others and just to make the mates see how respectful and polite you are i (and out of my manners and behaviour ) published it . . .and oh yes , for the acting like adults thing , i beleive that adults are the ones adult enough to bring up the problems to the front , and that's what i did .. . and your private message showed how adult you are , I'll tell you what in your place as an adult would have done , i just had edited my post and puted a "Hi how are you in the beginning or maybe I'm new to the forum and i have a question . . . etc" then the one complaining from your way of posting (me) should have deleted his post . . .
And Mahmoud , for asking questions , including technical questions respecting saluting is the key to get answers , unless you were considering yourelf asking a machine or a computer or doing a search on the internet .

As you mentioned that the forum send you a Happy Birthday message , than happy birthday from my part.

Cheers
Best regards

Guy Hodgins
20-09-2005, 04:34 PM
One of the biggest problems in sizing the evaporator for a batch loaded blast freezer ( as opposed to a continuous one ) is trying to predict the peak heat load. Many undersized systems have been installed by simply dividing the total heat load by the freezing time. The peak heat load varies according to the product type, thickness, packaging, air velocity and loading pattern etc, but in my experience can be up to 40% more than the average load.

Mahmoud
21-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Thx Guy Hodgins.. am using 50 % actually and it works perfectly ..

you dont know how much it is beautiful when i read -40 on the thermostate of the blast freezer ... it is the pleasure of my life ;)