PDA

View Full Version : compressor noise suppression - refcomp model SRC-XS-050

epitath
09-03-2011, 06:10 AM
we are looking to buy or make something to go around a refcomp model SRC-XS-050 compressor used in a water chiller.

the choices seem to be
* a generic removable blanket
* a precast noise suppression housing that clamps around the compressor customer designed for this compressor.

the supply may be from
* the manufacturer refcomp (have made an inquiry but no response for a week)
* some 3rd party manufacturer (any recommendations appreciated)
* make it ourselves.

does anyone know what these are made of so that we can asses the differences in how well they will work and if we cant find a supplier then we can make it ourselves.

Tesla
09-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi epitath and welcome to our forum.
I have seen many Trane screw chillers which simply use standard high density foam insulation. This insulation could be wrapped with silver foil for an improvement. As for the generic removable blanket - well they get destroyed and bits go missing after a few services as they are a pain in the but.

Magoo
10-03-2011, 01:11 AM
An acoustic enclosure with ventilation, get an acoustic engineer envolved to spec the stuff inside the enclosure. Usually soft fluffy stuff to soak up different wave length noise levels.
Stal do an enclosure for the vertical S series direct drive screws that scream there lungs out, super quiet with enclosure.

RANGER1
10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
All air screw compressors these days have acoustic enclosure like Magoo says.

I think noise has to change directions 3 times within enclosure to work properly.

RCassist
26-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Could you please tell what the problem is? Normally the XS series, and RefComp compressors generally, are known to be quiet. For direct contact please mail me: a.moeller@refcomp.it. Normally we answer in very short time.