PDA

View Full Version : Hp fault on 30hxc carrier.

ironmen
07-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi guys.

Been working on a carrier 30hxc with a water cooled condenser on it,this thing is been cutting out on hp for 3 weeks now.condenser is clean and cooling tower also.but im concern about the water flow going in the condenser.got flow but im not sure if its enough.
with both stage running the following reading was taken.Ambient temp 38 degrees celcius.
entering temp 26 dc
leaving temp 36 dc
delta t 10 dc
It cut out on 1350kpa.
Check all strainer and they all clean.
Help will be good guys.thank you

Brian_UK
07-03-2011, 05:56 PM
You need to also check the pressure drop across the condenser and maybe the cooling tower water distribution system.

Grizzly
07-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi Ironman.
Is the entering temperature normally that high?
Secondly as Brian suggests you need to ascertain the pressure drop across the condenser.
If you have Binder points fitted it should not be to difficult.
You could always raise the discharge cutout setting temporarily and see if your chiller can stay running.
Allowing the temps and pressures to drop.
BUT if you do raise the setting please be aware of any PRV set points.
You really don't want to get near to their settings.
By the way what refrigerant is the chiller running on?
Grizzly

james10
07-03-2011, 09:04 PM
This machine should be running on R134a as Grizzly says the condenser water temp seems quite high also the delta is quite alot have you checked for air in the system if you post full model no i can tell you the correct pressure drop

install monkey
07-03-2011, 09:31 PM
is there a diverting valve on the cond water circuit?
sometimes there are non return valves near the cond water pumps.also is the float valve in the cooling tower set correctly.sometimes carrier bags get sucked into the tower pond.
check the v belt on the cooling tower. the stat on the tower should start the fans when the water temp reaches 25deg.

Gibbo
08-03-2011, 07:21 AM
you have low condenser water flow 10C Delta T is too high. .
26 C is ok for water entering temp.

ironmen
09-03-2011, 09:06 AM
I will check the pressure drop.Also the condenser just been clean.This things is been playing up since day one about 6 years ogo.And ive spoken to one of the technician who use to maintain that system and he said to me in summer evry morning this thing use to trip on hp.And he have to start this thing very early in the morning like 4.30 am to get it run for the day.26 c is ok like Gibbo said because its got a bore water connected to it ive isolate the bore for the moment.and the cooling tower is running 100% and the Vsd.Just to get that thing going.And this system never go on cycle at all seens when we took that contract 2 years ago.Its acting like its to small of course i cannot say anything for the moment until im 100% sure.

a/c.king
09-03-2011, 09:43 AM
hi iroman
its sound like eather you have bad water flow throw heat exchanger or you heat xchanger its not big inough to take out the condansing heat.

thax

ironmen
09-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi a|c king
Ambient temp reach 45c.carrier did installed a bigger condenser on that system f..k khows if its big enough.Nightmare when i did open it to clean i did not get the right gasket and there was none in australia.I have to make one.

james10
09-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi a|c king
Ambient temp reach 45c.carrier did installed a bigger condenser on that system f..k khows if its big enough.Nightmare when i did open it to clean i did not get the right gasket and there was none in australia.I have to make one.
was the gasket you made identical to the one you removed this is very important as the gasket configuation depicts the numbers of passes on the condenser water circuit if every thing else is ok it might be worth ordering a set from carrier when they are back in stock

serviceman
09-03-2011, 07:45 PM
questions:

that you display HSIO, ComfortLink?

did you measure the discharge pressure gauges or display?

ironmen
10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi servicemen

I did measure the pressure gauges.last couple of days the ambient temp is around 25c its been running quite well.but as soon as the weather change it will start doing it again.

serviceman
10-03-2011, 02:22 PM
This is the aproach of your condenser. what percentage of the EXV opening? when mechanically clean the condenser

oldschooleng
12-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Have you checked that the gasket that you made has the dividing strip down the middle on the blanking plate end because if that is not installed the water will cavitate in the condenser which would give you very poor heat transfer and a large delta/tee.

ironmen
13-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah its got that dividing strip.Im gonna reopen the condenser and inspect the tube.very bad water overthere alot of calcium.