PDA

View Full Version : Lost email addresses re crashed H/Drive.

Grizzly
26-02-2011, 01:15 AM
To all my friends that I have, and still do conversed with off forum.
Please can you send me your email addresses, as My PC Hard drive crashed over 2 weeks ago.
So I am in the process of re installation with a shiny new Hard drive.
Sorry to several guys who are expecting replies. This is the only way I can think of letting you know.
Forum Members thanks for your patience and I know we all think my system is OK.
Back up that which would rather not be without.
Thanks Grizzly

mikeref
26-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi Grizzly, you might want to look into setting up a mirror image as i have done. If one hard drive fails, the copy drive will keep you going. This from crash and burn experience. Of course these days, i also have an external hard-drive (Seagate 500GB) for backup of Everything as i don't want to go through the tears of loosing sooo much hard to replace information.;).. Mike, (Down Under).

Grizzly
26-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Yep Mike.
I got a 500GB (external) at Christmas. I had got as far as all my archive docs,but had yet to back up Outlook.
It's a real bummer!
Has anyone discovered how to find someones v card now?

Grizzly

WebRam
26-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Yep Mike.
I got a 500GB (external) at Christmas. I had got as far as all my archive docs,but had yet to back up Outlook.
It's a real bummer!
Has anyone discovered how to find someones v card now?

Grizzly

The V Card is now set to automaticly be switched off.

If members want it switched on, then they need to go to settings/general settings/allow vCard download.

This is a anti spammer setting.

paul_h
26-02-2011, 10:52 AM
H/Drive?
That's too many HDDs ;)
OS on c:/ drive, data in d:/ drive :p
Never heard a hard drive abbreviated to h/drive before. :off topic:

edit: VV Good point, store stuff in the cloud.

chemi-cool
26-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Grizzly,
Its time to kiss outlook goodbye, open a gmail box and you never loose a thing, you can store data as well there.

al
26-02-2011, 03:47 PM
gmail is the only way to go,available anytime anywhere (is that martini??), point your existing address at gmail and away you go! also your pm box is full....

alec

mikeref
01-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Grizzly,
Its time to kiss outlook goodbye, open a gmail box and you never loose a thing, you can store data as well there.
Hey Chemi, google lost some accounts recently. Apparently 150,000 people affected. Think i will stay with outlook for now and take my chances..Mike.

Grizzly
01-03-2011, 09:32 PM
I read that about gmail as well Mike, so I have also gone back to Outlook.
Which was somewhat of a pain to set-up. But I had hard copies of the settings. Just could not understand my own writing.
I had forgotten just how much I had customized the settings. It will take a while to set everything back up.
But at least I have the forum up and running, just got to get used to the new format.
May I also say that WEBRAM's comment about the Vcard access being off is relevant.
As I cannot access most of the site users that I have cause, to contact off forum from time to time.
I guess the pm system will have to do for the time being.
For those that have contacted me with their emails, thanks my friends!
Grizzly

mikeref
25-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Well Well,Crashed and burned AGAIN!!! I caught some serious bugs that snuck by and trashed my system:mad:. Mirror image hard drive just copied the buggers and backup saved them for future distruction. Norton anti-virus was on leave as it was slowing down my computer,:rolleyes: so now we start again, picking up the pieces of what was able to be saved.. Ho Hum.

Grizzly
26-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Well Well,Crashed and burned AGAIN!!! I caught some serious bugs that snuck by and trashed my system:mad:. Mirror image hard drive just copied the buggers and backup saved them for future distruction. Norton anti-virus was on leave as it was slowing down my computer,:rolleyes: so now we start again, picking up the pieces of what was able to be saved.. Ho Hum.

Commiserations there Mike
Your comment about Norton slowing things up is valid (Others do the same)
Glad to see you are still in touch with us though.
Grizzly

mikeref
26-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks Grizzly, I looked over my words of wisdom, back on post #2:o. Just goes to show how bullet proof we think we are. The computer tech keeps telling me that i take too many risks, especially when logged on as administrator:rolleyes:...Mike.