PDA

View Full Version : heat pump enclosures

samohtom
23-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi. I wonder if anyone would have contact details for companies making acoustic enclosures for the outdoor units of heat pumps (to reduce noise)? The only one I've found is a company called Environ, who want £1400 just for an enclosure for the Sanyo 4.5KW outdoor unit!

It's looking like I'll need to use on in order to get planning.

Thanks,

Tom

stufus
23-02-2011, 08:27 PM
What sort of heat pump are we talking about here ?
Standard A/C heat pump ,as in a condenser?
Inverter A/C Condenser?
Monobloc AS heat pump?
Where are you looking to mount it and what is the DB limit for the area?
Cheers
Stu

Brian_UK
23-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Are you trying to fully enclose the unit or just provide a sound attenuated wall around it?

samohtom
24-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi. It's a Sanyo 4.5KW CO2 Eco. From looking at the info, it's an inverter A/C condenser I think. If it's quiet enough it could just attach to my wall on brackets, but if not a couple of metres away from the wall on a concrete base. I'm in a ground floor flat with flats either side and above. Have had planning initially refused on the basis I didn't provide any info on the level of noise. After finding Environ who make enclosures I suggested this, but before finding out how much said enclosure cost! Environmental guy at the council now wants to insist on an enclosure, but hasn't yet told me what noise level is acceptable. The pumps noise is 45 dbA at 1.5m if it's running flat out. I'm trying to persuade them that 45 dbA at 1.5m isn't that noisy (esp when it'd be at least 3m from any open window if I put it in on a base further out), but they're concerned about neighbours with open windows etc....it would seem I either have to persuade them (ongoing) or find an affordable enclosure. I've asked them what an acceptable sound level would be but they haven't got back to me yet.