PDA

View Full Version : a/c Cfc free R410 refrigerant changes

ksvinod
09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
dear all

In New cfc free R410 refrigerant systems
1. Main diffrance in cooling system?
2. any changes in temparture or performance?
3. what type of priventes requared for gas charing??

Regards

k.s.vinod

india

chilly
09-09-2005, 04:58 PM
1. System is fundementaly the same.
2. Performance is increased, R410a is a very eficient gas. In heating the head pressure can be very high though, 450psi I'm told and the saftey may be as high as ^00 psi, Forgive me these are ball park figures as i dont have my books at hand,

3. Service valves are diferent size 5/16. You need to use specific R410a guages (no sight glass) dont mix oil ect ect, not that diferent though, Fundimentaly a fridge is a fridge.

You will notice the pipe size will be smaller on alot of systems, Ie the 10 horse power vrv is now a 7/8 suction and 3/8 liquid on runs less than 100 meters. And the pipe distances are longer on 410a systems.

Personaly when it first came out i hated it because I was ignorant and didnt like change, Now i use it and install these systems, I love R410a,Id much rather be running smaller pipe, carrying less gass and installig kit which is eficient and small. If only they had invented it before we punched a hole through the ozone...

chemi-cool
09-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Hi Chilly.

I totally agree with you but one of the things that makes R-410 units more efficient, is the much larger condenser coils.

it is well known that large condensers with many fans, can keep head pressure low and low power consumption.

you can have the same units with any refrigerant as long as the system designed to run with low head pressure.

Chemi:)

ksvinod
10-09-2005, 11:51 AM
thanks dear alll

regards

vinod