PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a refer forum but this video need to be seen by anybody-......

hvaclover
19-02-2011, 08:48 PM
....any where doing HVAC/R

have a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Es-E4LE3aVY

stufus
19-02-2011, 08:59 PM
That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to be posting on youtube.There is a very good and very obvious reason the gas industry is licensed and heavily regulated.What happens when some DIY moron comes along watches that clip and decides he can carry out the repair himself ,f**ks it up and blows himself or some innocent to kingdom come.
Maybe the guy in the video knows his stuff in the heating/combustion field , He however has no common sense if he thinks that is the type of thing to be posting on youtube!!!!
Cheers
Stu

hvaclover
19-02-2011, 10:29 PM
That is an absolutely ridiculous thing to be posting on youtube.There is a very good and very obvious reason the gas industry is licensed and heavily regulated.What happens when some DIY moron comes along watches that clip and decides he can carry out the repair himself ,f**ks it up and blows himself or some innocent to kingdom come.
Maybe the guy in the video knows his stuff in the heating/combustion field , He however has no common sense if he thinks that is the type of thing to be posting on youtube!!!!
Cheers
Stu
It angered me that he is doing this solely because he has several unit heaters that needed gas valve replacement within a three year period. Judging from the corrosion on the valve he does not invest in PM. Probably back drafting from a plugged flue or plugged up Ht Ex

edgraff
21-02-2011, 04:01 AM
WOW it's not worth the risk

jmarsters
23-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah, and the heat from the coil could easily melt that wire insulation... that would stick open pretty badly. Heck, I wouldn't trust this guy to change my refrigerator water filters, let alone something with flammable aspects!

frostedflake
23-02-2011, 09:37 PM
After this video and the youtube responses to it i hope he pulls the video for all the handy people of the world's sake.