PDA

View Full Version : Collecting dust and needing a new home

nevgee
19-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I was in our lock up the other day with a mind to do some clearing out ... it was an idea but a call came in so I bolted for the light. :D

Even so, I'll bet like me there are many of you out there with items of kit, materials and parts etc that haven't seen the light of day for .... some time?

Would it be a reasonable idea to start a thread where we could put these parts up for sale, auction or whatever?

stufus
20-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Hey Nevgee
There was a classified's section under the old format, was probably deemed surplus to requirements during the upgrade,don't think it got much use.
Cheers
Stu

paul_h
20-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah I saw that section. Pretty quiet but of course didn't look too hard being in Australia.
Most forums I'm a member off often have trading issues though and is their biggest headache if a forum gets lots of trade (non payers, non delivery etc).
just ebay it, and maybe a section to link ebay sales? i) ebay takes all the blame if things go wrong in the transaction, but ii) negative is people looking for a cheap item on ebay would hate the publicity and have to pay more - not really relevant as if it was auctioned on site then they'd have the same competition and this isn't general public stuff mostly, so complainers wouldn't know of R-E anyway.

dannycool
13-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I agree the forum needs a classified ads or Ebay links section.
I think it would be invaluable to young engineers & apprentices looking to start there tool collections on the cheap and also to older engineers looking to clear their garages out for extra beer money.
I myself have virtually two of everything that i am looking to sell on ebay, so it would be perfect to post a series of links to the various tools.

Regards

Danny