PDA

View Full Version : bespoke sushi display case- frosting issue

bigbrad100
19-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi ,can anybody point me to what temp. frost occurs at and the conditions required to stimulate it .
I have manufactured a bespoke contact cooled stainless steel sushi display case ,with 2 No. stainless steel refrigerated goalposts running through it ,which are required to be covered in frost to A) aid the cooling of the compartment,and B) be aesthetically pleasing to the paying customer.
The two posts are first in the line ,then the base of the well ,and initially the pipes frost up, but then slowly that melts and turns to ice forming iceicles from the pipes .
we have tried getting the unit colder , down to under 3 degrees c ,but to no avail .
Strangely ,before the glass display case was fitted the pipes were frosting up great , but we have tried running the unit with the doors off to create the same conditions but to no avail .
Wondering if the pipes are too cold to keep just frosted ,before icing up or whether a certain enviroment has to be metfor frost to form .
Any help would be greatly appreciated .

mikeref
19-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Sounds to me to be a humidity issue. Chances are, where cabinet is now located will be airconditioned or less humid so not enough moisture in the air for the display.. Mike.;)

frostedflake
25-02-2011, 06:04 PM
can you please give more information? compressor size, refrigerant, how often is the display opened or the food replaced etc.