PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I need an absorption AC system

oopsitwentbang
14-02-2011, 09:34 PM
I have a solar hot water system which produces a huge ammount of surplus hot water in the summer and I know that absorption systems exist as I fixed a couple of ancient ones in the middle east some years ago. Is there a small commercial unit available in europe?

McFranklin
15-02-2011, 03:32 AM
You might try Robur, I know they sell propane and natural gas units here in the US and I believe they are based or at least operate in Italy.
They have a web site.

Tesla
15-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Hi oopsitwentbang
If you search this forum you will find a very similar thread from last month I think.

MikeHolm
17-02-2011, 12:20 AM
What is the size of your system? Number of collectors, type, flow and temperature profile. I assume you want to run a chiller which means you can get free hot water from it as well.

MikeHolm
17-02-2011, 12:31 AM
The smallest systems out there are 7-8kw but this technology is difficult to perfect. If you can use 15kw+ there are more units available and if you can use an adsorption over absorption you may get an system with lesser maintenance but a bit higher initial cost. I'm looking for the info on the companies I used to know and will post it shortly.

MikeHolm
17-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Have a look at this website. It is a new association of solar cooling manufacturers.

http://www.greenchiller.de/indexeng.php

Enjoy