PDA

View Full Version : What`s the best unit for chilled van

glenn1340
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi Guys.
One of my customers has asked me to convert his `07 VW Transporter into a chilled van.
I`ve sorted the lining kit (he only wants the front half of the rear chilled) but I`m undecided which fridge unit to go for. I had decided on the GAH lance c20s but I`ve just seen the Carrier Neos 100 unit as in the info they say its a monobloc and very quick to install. No price yet on this but I don`t want to choose soley on installation time and find out later it`s a pup.
Any advice and other recommendations would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Glenn

charlie patt
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
if the vw is a syncro you will have problems fitting a comp, if you wish to keep the customer fit the gah kit it lasts longer its cheaper to repair and if fitted well which i am sure is not a problem will give you long life gah or hubbard is in my opinion a better product carriers are to in depth for what is required out of a transport unit

ZoO
11-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Have you worked out the capacity you need for the intended set point, given how much insulation you will be using to build your box? along with the number of door openings the van will have in a day, duration of that average door opening, the distance between stops, the average ambient. all of these factors need to be considered before you select a unit.

Once you have determined the actual load needs, then select equipment based on who or how much the closest supporting dealer is or is willing to help you. Who ever that is, will be the best choice for you.

charlie patt
11-02-2011, 07:48 PM
if your only doing half a transporter you wont need to know any of above because you are only cooling a area of 3cum if you have the lwb version..... we have just finished a lwb high roof relay with a gah arrow warmed box to 27 dc and was down to 1 by time i got akilo of the good stuff in just check if vechicle has ac the customer may expect the ac to work as well as a fridge to work which is a different kit

vehikool
14-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi you will not go wrong with the Hubbard 360am, fitted loads of these never had a problem, they also look good, or you could fit the Hubbard 380 unit (under the bonnet) no external signs of a fridge unit fitted. Or you could fit an Eberspacher under the bonnet system, but you could stop with the GAH unit there is now't up with them apart from the hoses are thicker than the Hubbard and Ebersacher units the choice is yours you will not go wrong with any of these they are all reliable its just which make you prefer, hope this helps

glenn1340
14-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi vehicool,
I`ll probably go with the GAH as they`ve been that bit more helpfull when I`ve spoken to them. Customer service goes a long way in my opinion. I did look at the Eberspacher but it would probably require the alternator and battery to be uprated thereby pushing the price up.
Thanks for the advice guys.
Regards,
Glenn

vehikool
18-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi again Glenn further info:-
If you did fit the Eberspacher unit you should not need to up rate the alternator or battery (this is only required when fitting battery driven units) if you think about it you are only drawing the same amount of amps as a roof mount unit (GAH, Carrier or Hubbard) you are only driving the componants, ie compressor, condenser fan and evaporator fan
take care
Tom

gash
18-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi you will not go wrong with the Hubbard 360am, fitted loads of these never had a problem, they also look good, or you could fit the Hubbard 380 unit (under the bonnet) no external signs of a fridge unit fitted. Or you could fit an Eberspacher under the bonnet system, but you could stop with the GAH unit there is now't up with them apart from the hoses are thicker than the Hubbard and Ebersacher units the choice is yours you will not go wrong with any of these they are all reliable its just which make you prefer, hope this helps

gah use the burgaclip stuff too now