PDA

View Full Version : Price Of Refrigeration Compressors

justin4236
07-09-2005, 05:59 AM
I purchased a building that used to be a supermarket. There are 5 fairly new refrigeration compressors that were used to keep the freezer cold. I was wondering how much money I could get for these compressors and where I could place an add to get them sold. Thanks

Lc_shi
07-09-2005, 06:17 AM
go to ebay to sell them. You can refer to the similar product price. good luck-:)

Derek
07-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Justin

There's a few companies that will buy good used equipment for reconditioning (remanufacturing) I have no names in the US but a long internet search should find a few. They normally have fixed prices they are willing to pay.

Other than that take a few photo's and e-mail them to your local yellow pages ref & A/C contractors.

If you want to go 'expert' see if your local ASHRAE chapter can recommend a good home. www.ashrae.org

Opps and on no account try decommisioning them yourself if they are not already disconnected. The EPA frown on that kind of thing unless you have all the certificates.

US Iceman
07-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi Justin,

Try this company.

http://www.barrinc.com/

They are in Oshkosh, WI.

They may be interested.

As Derek said, if these are still connected to the refrigeration system, do not attempt to remove them.

If refrigerant is still present in the system, any releases can cost you some big fines under the EPA Clean Air Act.:(

Best Regards,
US Iceman

justin4236
07-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the links!! But does anyone have any idea I could sell something like this for???

Derek
08-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Depends what they are if its a fairly new Copeland scroll then about 15-20% of new cost.
If it an eldely Bristol about 20 USD.
I could give you UK list if you tell us what it is?