PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration & Air Conditioning - G H Hundy, A. R. Trott, and T C Welch

TaffyLad
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a refrigeration book. Its not for studying at college or anything, just general reference.
I see most people recommend 'Modern refrigeration and air conditioning' but despite its title it looks a little dated! Would anybody agree?
The book labelled in the title of this thread looks more up to date. Has anybody read or heard of this book and would they recommend it over the alternatives available?

P.S I'm not really interested in ebooks as I spend too much time on my laptop as it is!

superswill
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=9780137140077

has had a good review on here, there is a thread on here about a few titles suggested by members

other bookstores are available

Tesla
10-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Hi TaffyLad
I have the Modern Ref & A/C book and you are right it is very dated. But it has so much useful info in it with lots of big colour pictures and diagrams. The problem with my book is it is imperial (mostly) units. So if you find a better book with over 1200 pages please let us know. I see there is a kindle version of the R & A/C book but couldn't see inside the book. I would sugest a worthwhile trip to a library to evaluate them both. The important thing is to make sure it is the right units that you use - I have some great books but have to frustratingly convert the units.

TaffyLad
11-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Library! Why didn't I think of that before! Thats a good way to check them both out. I'll let you know what I think once I've seen them both. Thanks for your help.

Tesla
11-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks TaffyLad I'd appreciate it - some of us older ones learn a lot from the younger ones who have more enthusiasm and are learning newer stuff. If you say the newer one is great and buy it, I'll go and look at it myself and maybe buy it too.
I wonder what happened there - my location disappeared for a while and now it's back? I thought it was but it is gone again.

davey1000
19-08-2011, 11:50 PM
There used to be the old book by A R Trott at Bude Library. When I tried to borrow it again I was told that it had been withdrawn as I was the only person who had ever borrowed it! Pity they didn't ask me if I wanted to buy it, duh! There is about a ton of pulp fiction (romance)several yards of it but technical books, classification 629, take up barely a couple of feet of shelf space. Its a funny old town, we have garages who can hardly weld and agricultural workshops who cannot cut a mitre on 3" x 1-1/2" rectangular hollow steel. "Our saw can only cut at 90 degrees" they said!

install monkey
19-08-2011, 11:53 PM
gary has wrote a few,maybe get a discount if u buy direct.also he might sign it!!

chillerman2006
20-08-2011, 02:25 AM
There used to be the old book by A R Trott at Bude Library. When I tried to borrow it again I was told that it had been withdrawn as I was the only person who had ever borrowed it! Pity they didn't ask me if I wanted to buy it, duh! There is about a ton of pulp fiction (romance)several yards of it but technical books, classification 629, take up barely a couple of feet of shelf space. Its a funny old town, we have garages who can hardly weld and agricultural workshops who cannot cut a mitre on 3" x 1-1/2" rectangular hollow steel. "Our saw can only cut at 90 degrees" they said!

Got a copy here, but as you can see from the pics, hardly touched them, like brand new,

its the one at the bottom, do read through them, but most of it is beyond my needs for service work.;)