PDA

View Full Version : Mitsi brain Tester

Latte
06-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi Guys,

Joy of Joys :rolleyes: , Got called out to a site today to sort out an installation done by another company, i may have seen their horses in the distance as i got there.

Mitsi PKH-1.6 Indoor/ PUH-1.6VKA Outdoor

Both have their own 240v feed going to them with a 3 core link for control

P8 fault (Easy) Outdoor unit :eek: . No Lights on outdoor board. Check Voltage's found 240v between Live and Earth/ 0 volts live to neutal. Checked at input to on/off switch and the same.

now i am assuming therefore lost a neutral at the fusebox. Checked the box, One breaker listing A/C indoor. Switched it off and it kills the power to the indoor and outdoors. Open cover thinking perhaps some cowboy put wires for both units in same breaker (D20 by the way) :eek: only one set of wires, red and black which is what goes into the indoor the only problem is that the wires going to the outdoor are brown and blue.

I am therefore assuming that there must be a connection/spur off that line somewhere between the fusebox and the indoor, cant find anything obvious and am too fat :D to go go crawling around a false ceiling.

Do you come up with the same conclusion as i do or am i having a blonde moment and missing something stupidly obvious :eek:

Regards

Fatboy

chillin out
06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Do I get you right?
from fuse box one set of wires labeled a/c?
are you thinking it then splits between the indoor and outdoor units?

or how about this?.... one set of wires meant to goto outdoor unit and the indoor was meant to be put on a 13A spur.(from this)

but installer put the main supply to the indoor and put the 13A spur on the outdoor.
But instead of the live going through the 13A fuse they put the neutral from supply through the fuse.
Just a thought.

chillin

Latte
07-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know it's sorted.

Next to the indoor unit there is a fused switch (13amp) so you can switch the power off to it.

Some Joker :eek: (Not the word i used at the time) has taken a feed from this switch and run it to the outdoor unit. The fact that there is a D20 breaker in the fusebox makes no odds now as everything is running through this 13amp switch.

It makes me mad that people get away with fitting things like this and leave the mess for others to clear up

Regards

Fatboy

chillin out
07-09-2005, 11:11 PM
How good am I with electrics?
:) :) :)
I even got peters problem 3 weeks ago:D

Brian_UK
07-09-2005, 11:15 PM
....don't blame the cowboys .......Sorry, you MUST always blame the cowboys :)

Modern PC rules don't allow us to blame anyone else without written permission ;) :D

Simon Butler
09-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Is it an inverter unit? If not the start current will eventually blow a 13A plug fuse.