PDA

View Full Version : Crownship training for air con and refrigeration

AdamJC
09-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice, im looking at getting HVAC, im 21 (nearly 22) and ive been working in IT for the past 5 years and tbh im sick of it, in my area (Hull) there isnt a collage that will run the course for an apprenticeship, however i have been looking at the training that crownship offer, it will cost me but i am willing to pay the price if it is worth it, they offer:

-Modular 10 Day Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology (Incorporating F-Gas Regulations(CITB J11) and Pipework & Brazing (CITB J05)

-City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas and ODS Regulations

-F-Gas Regulations (CITB J11)

-Pipework & Brazing (CITB J05)

-Safe Handling of Ammonia

-City & Guilds 6127 Technical Certificate in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration

-NVQ Level 2 & 3 Installation & Commissioning of Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Equipment

Has anyone heard of or had any dealing with crownship? (http://www.crownship.com/ACR.html)

How does all this look? Are they any alternatives to getting in the trade?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated as im really stuck and fed up at the moment.

nevgee
09-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Have you tried enquiring at the Grimsby College /Institute .... I know it's over the water ..but one of the best colleges going for refrigeration.

AdamJC
10-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Have you tried enquiring at the Grimsby College /Institute .... I know it's over the water ..but one of the best colleges going for refrigeration.

Thanks for your reply mate, ive just had a look at their website and that looks like something i could do since they offer online learning, the only thing i am worried about is getting employment, i would only be able to do so much their as i would need to be employed to do one of the courses.

They offer 3 courses, these are:

Level 2 Award in F Gas and ODS Regulations (2079)

and

Level 3 Technical Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning

Which i could do with no previous expericene, if i completed these would this be enough from an employers point of view to gain employment?

AdamJC
10-02-2011, 10:36 AM
the third course is:

NVQ 2 Small Commercial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems

This is the one i would need to be emplyed to do.

nevgee
10-02-2011, 02:46 PM
The nvq2 is "Entry level" qualification and would be a good starting point. Try local Company's and don't forget to try the food factories also. They may have some oportunities for you. Good luck.

taz24
10-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice, im looking at getting HVAC, im 21 (nearly 22) and ive been working in IT for the past 5 years and tbh im sick of it, in my area (Hull) there isnt a collage that will run the course for an apprenticeship, however i have been looking at the training that crownship offer, it will cost me but i am willing to pay the price if it is worth it, they offer:

-Modular 10 Day Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology (Incorporating F-Gas Regulations(CITB J11) and Pipework & Brazing (CITB J05)

-City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas and ODS Regulations

-F-Gas Regulations (CITB J11)

-Pipework & Brazing (CITB J05)

-Safe Handling of Ammonia

-City & Guilds 6127 Technical Certificate in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration

-NVQ Level 2 & 3 Installation & Commissioning of Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Equipment

Has anyone heard of or had any dealing with crownship? (http://www.crownship.com/ACR.html)

How does all this look? Are they any alternatives to getting in the trade?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated as im really stuck and fed up at the moment.

Hi Adam.

If you are wanting to get into the trade then the night school
that Grimsby offer will put you in a good position. The corresponce
course will only get you theory knowledge, but if that is what you
want it is good.

Night school would be better because they will teach you both theory
and practicaly.

The Fgas 2079 and J11 are the same so if you want that then the college
offer it aswell and you can do part of that online but you will need practical
training.

As for the industry, at the moment it is tough and jobs are only for the experience.

Since you can't get the NVQ without the experience and you can't get the experienced without
the NVQ you are in a catch 22 situation.

But the Tech cert 6127 qual is a good starting point and you would have to do it to
get a full NVQ.

So go for the college avoid Crownship and get the training. While you are then
doing that get your name out and offer your services free for the experience.

If it is right somthing will come of it, but you must make it happen, it won't
come looking for you..

All the best

taz

AdamJC
11-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi Adam.

If you are wanting to get into the trade then the night school
that Grimsby offer will put you in a good position. The corresponce
course will only get you theory knowledge, but if that is what you
want it is good.

Night school would be better because they will teach you both theory
and practicaly.

The Fgas 2079 and J11 are the same so if you want that then the college
offer it aswell and you can do part of that online but you will need practical
training.

As for the industry, at the moment it is tough and jobs are only for the experience.

Since you can't get the NVQ without the experience and you can't get the experienced without
the NVQ you are in a catch 22 situation.

But the Tech cert 6127 qual is a good starting point and you would have to do it to
get a full NVQ.

So go for the college avoid Crownship and get the training. While you are then
doing that get your name out and offer your services free for the experience.

If it is right somthing will come of it, but you must make it happen, it won't
come looking for you..

All the best

taz

Thanks for you reply mate, that is a great help, very much appreciated! :)