PDA

View Full Version : reverse cycle low ambient

abbasi
06-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Heat pump Air conditioner (reverse cycle 1.5,2 tons)

Just wanted to inquire what additional components are required when ambient is Minus 10 degree Celsius apart from conventional components

techguy
06-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Hi Abb.

Most manufactures have an optional heater battery you mount on the air intake side of the outdoor. Does'nt really make a whole lot of sense using heatpump in that sort of ambient. But I have seen them in Russia The units seemed to operate satisfactorly. (Cop is drastically reduced) If you are thinking of installing a number of indoors. Sanyo have a 22kw gas engine heatpump available (2 pipe only) that will give you full Heating capacity down to -20 degrees C without any defrost.
Hope this is helpful
regards
T

abbasi
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
well question is how can u stop defrost on outdoor at such low ambient n if at all reverse cycle units are used what are its basic components:confused: :confused:

Peter_1
06-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Heat pump Air conditioner (reverse cycle 1.5,2 tons)

Just wanted to inquire what additional components are required when ambient is Minus 10 degree Celsius apart from conventional components

Nothing, uinless a fans peed controller wasn't standard fitted. But I suppose it's a standard HP.

Techguy, a electrical heater installing outside the unit is as stupid - I'm not saying you're stupid - as heating with all the windows open.

chillin out
06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Techguy, a electrical heater installing outside the unit is as stupid - I'm not saying you're stupid - as heating with all the windows open.
Some may say this is a bit Irish.
:) :) :)

botrous
06-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi
Abbasi are you trying to design one that would work on -10 degrees ???

Lc_shi
07-09-2005, 02:51 AM
Hi abb,
For the heat pump air conditioner ,it's usually not used in the area below 0C in which the frost issue will come up. But there are still product called they can run on low ambient temp (-10C),they use electric heater to balance the AC unit performance degradation.Others use VFD compressor to make up with high frequency running,I've installed one in my bedroom but it's not too good. So I think the air source heat pump is not fit in cold area.

rgds
LC

abbasi
07-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Hi
Abbasi are you trying to design one that would work on -10 degrees ???

yup mate we were given an inquiry of such sort but i was not convinced as 2 me u cant control frost on outdoor as such low ambient will make outdoor completely ineffective and i agree with PETER as to me
electric heater for defrostin outdoor dun make any logic

But i wanted 2 have opinion 4om u guys as they say

2 HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE:)

botrous
07-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I agree with Peter about the heaters , it's like trying to heat the atmospher . . . and i don't think that such application in -10 degrees is possible . . . but as you said 2 heads are better than one , i say 3 heads are better than 2