PDA

View Full Version : GREE Suppliers

gwilliamson
05-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Does anyone know of a UK distrubuter for GREE equipment?

Brian_UK
05-09-2005, 10:51 PM
If you are talking about the portable ac kit then there are quite a few suppliers according to a Google search; any of those any good ?

botrous
06-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Brian , from my expirience in Gree minisplits , they are excellent for the firs year , then after that they become junk , but they are the best of cheeposssssssss

Lc_shi
06-09-2005, 06:20 AM
Is it China Gree ? I don't understand what u mean for it's junk after 1st year.Share some your experience wiht us. Gree is highly rated in here. I hope it's also good in other countries.

rgds
LC

gwilliamson
06-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Looking for splits etc not portable?

rooboy
06-09-2005, 08:06 AM
As I understand it the Gree splits haven't really taken off here in Australia.

We put a few in and I suppose that they weren't too bad. Apparently ( feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here) they are chinese made but Japanese engineered.

They come with a wiring loom, which can be a bit of a pain in the khyber pass but other than that seemed to be ok. I think the biggest problem we had was parts, which isn't a great sign of longevity, but certainly they were of the better of the cheaper brands.

By the way this is my first post on Refrig Engineers.com so a big 'How ya goin' to all.

Lc_shi
06-09-2005, 09:32 AM
hi dear all,
I appreciated all the discussion above on Gree brand. I want to know what the deficiency is in comparison with the top best product. Is it due to the design\manufacturing\component\etc? i really need the information which is valuable for my work. thanks!

regards
LC-:)

Temprite
06-09-2005, 09:53 AM
hi dear all,
I appreciated all the discussion above on Gree brand. I want to know what the deficiency is in comparison with the top best product. Is it due to the design\manufacturing\component\etc? i really need the information which is valuable for my work. thanks!

regards
LC-:)

Hello ic_shi
We tried a few gree units for people who were looking for a cheaper unit.

I gave up on this idea when one of them broke down and I was after some technical information. It was impossible the suppliers had absolutely no idea about the unit at all.All I was after was thermistor values. Problem turned out to be indoor ambient thermistor was picking up heat on off cycle and unit would not switch back on.

I also recently posted a thread about problems with a gree unit again no backup support. Problem turned out to be indoor board which I origanally diagnosed but they were sending me faulty parts. finally I got a good board all ok.

The units seem ok for the price but as far as I am concerned if they have no back up support they are as good as useless.

I think I will stick with Daikin.

botrous
06-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi Rooboy welcome to the forum . . .

Luchian , what i mean by after the first year it goes junk , is that after a summer and a winter of performance , you receive a huge ammount of calls and complains about it's performance , you go to check what's the problem than the problems begins , interior fan motor blocked after first year of usage , you change it . . . after a month they call you again , thermistor change . . . and it works alright and sometime passes before they call you again. . . and you continue changing parts till almost nothing remains of the original A/C but the fans (not the fans motors) , the coils and the plastic.
I see that the design is good (that what makes it the best of cheeposs) but the parts used are average or poor quality not heavy duty as top quality .
Hope this will help

Best regards.

Argus
06-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Who badges that B&Q stuff?
________
Giugiaro Ford Mustang history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Giugiaro_Ford_Mustang)

Sir Josiah Sodd
06-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Generally Chinese-made equipment is flooding Europe with cheap imports of fairly basic splits. They have a reputation for indifferent quality in the UK.

The problems we get are the same as the Ozzies, plus I would add that the metal work edges are like razors and the service manuals are unintelligible.

But, somebody said that they are 2nd generation Japanese tooling. I remember seeing a little Japanese unit in London in the late 70’s or early 80’s with the same build quality,….. Sharp metal, gobbledegook in the service manuals.. and I said, ‘they’ll never catch on’.

Daikin, I think it was.

Ho Hum.

willywoe
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
We get the odd Gree from here.

http://www.acddirect.co.uk/

timholmes204
14-02-2006, 11:33 PM
HI my name is Tim, i currently do techincal support for GREE in Australia, if anyone has any queries please feel free to ask :)

Lc_shi
15-02-2006, 06:32 AM
Hi Tim,
I want to know your honest evaluation of Gree product. What is the difference with the advanced product e.g. Daikin? As a Chinese,I hope our enterprises can muanfacture top quality products

best regards
LC

Slasher
10-06-2009, 08:23 AM
HI my name is Tim, i currently do techincal support for GREE in Australia, if anyone has any queries please feel free to ask :)
Hi Tim I have a problem with a kfr-25w/naj31-k split wall mount. The condenser fan doesn't run fan motor ok. Indoor unit has large round lcd temp read out on front of unit. Suspect problem on signal from this unit but am unable to get hold of any technical manuals, can you help?

TECH TIM
11-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Hi All
been a while since i have been here, sorry to inform you temprite but i believe gree is manuf for daikin now how true i dont know, as for parts im in nsw australia and am very interested in getting hold of a supplier who can supply gree parts constantly, i find them a rather good unit when they are working but also very hard to repair due to lack of information, i am currently looking for an indoor fan motor for a kfr-25g/a12-j any part numbers or suppliers would help, Tim were you from dealquip @ whickham? if so weve met, Tim i have a kfr-45 runs for approx an hour on heat or cool and outdoor shuts off, indoor still calls but no out door and comp is sooooo hot, refrigerant levels appear ok and have changed capacitors, honestly its been about 12 months since i looked at this one but the office girls are onto me to get warm again, if anything falls into mind let me know but i will contact you in future with more details thanks guys