PDA

View Full Version : Midea Spare Parts?

Xeomus_Aevis
07-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey Guys

Im having real trouble finding a place to pick up spare parts to a Midea heat pump.

All i need are replacement louvre blades for a model
MSG-24HRN2

Thats all the info i have

Really need anyones help!

Xeomus

Makeit go Right
13-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Try (020) 8568 6875, in Isleworth, Middlesex. They are the main distributor of spares in UK and boast a full range of spares for the whole range of kit they sell....but lets see how you get on. There is also Dean&Wood but they will admit straight away that they don't keep any spares in UK.

Normally the main UK-Dist will try to sell you a whole Room Unit rather than come up with a spare part, or you might be in luck if someone has given back a dud, from which they can strip out the part you need. Otherwise it could be 12weeks while it comes along in the next container from China.

Engineer I know had a small computer room go down with PCB trouble, after just 10 months use. It took him 6 weeks of real heavy pressure of daily phone calls etc to get that distributor produce a replacement pcb.....they had to get Midea in China to send out a drawing to a local pcb-maker to knock one up and then send it over to the UK, express. That's not what I call 'having a full range of spares.' You would normally assume they mean sitting on shelves in the UK.

Anyway, the customer gave up waiting after 5 weeks of 'wilco-but-no-show' from the uk distrib and had the Midea kit ripped out, replaced by a Fujitsu. The old Midea kit went back to the distrib, no doubt to be used as spare parts for other spare part supplies. Needless to say, the installer of the Midea kit lost that customer afterwards, taking the blame for recommending Midea in the first place -- rightly so, I guess.

But, post back here how you get on. Did they have the spares you needed? Trouble-shooting help practical/useful? Maybe things have changed.

Super mario
15-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi Xemos, Yes the UK Distributor is Zetacool Ltd, which the Phone No. is 08454500050. They are a very good agent and they are very help full, They are very big on big stuff like chillers and so on but for a wall unit as you described I am sure you would get it.

Xeomus_Aevis
15-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Cheers guys, i will give them a call and see what happens! The client might look for a replacement unit now, because this one is falling apart! Heating and cooling its a fab unit, does the little barber shop perfect but with no references for anything he wants upgrading. But we'll see how it goes. Cheers again, will let you know how i get on.