PDA

View Full Version : Hot gas solenoid valve

Kirky
07-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi guys hope all is well

Just a quick one. I've been called to a close control Airedale chiller. The solenoid valve on the hot gas by pass is leaking at the base of the shaft where it enters the body of the valve. This is the third time this has happened in as many months. The valve used is just a standard run of the mill solenoid valve is this right ? or do you need a special type for use on the hot gas

sedgy
07-02-2011, 09:54 AM
hi kirky,
yes the HG valve is different cos there is adjustment on it , if you just opened a solinoid on the HG it would shoot streight through the system to the comp, and that would not last long,< it would overheat< hope that anawers your question , sedgy,

Kirky
09-02-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks mate that's most helpful.

Kirky
09-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Sedgy do you know where I might purchase one of these adjustable HG solenoid valves

sedgy
09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
hi kirky,
well if you get the number off the valve you could ask any wholesaler to order you one , if no number get the U number off the unit and ask airdale which HG valve they recomend < they will ask for the U number< if its brazed in strip down the valve and you could try some heat sink on the stem to get rid of any heat< or a wet rag < all the bnest with it kirky , sedgy,

trampus
09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
make sure the mag valve is rated for hot gas work. Danfoss have a range that covers this.

Kirky
09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Cheers guys i will speak to airedale tomorrow

sedgy
18-02-2011, 03:56 PM
hey kirky,
come on now , tell us the outcome, did you get one?