PDA

View Full Version : help me pleeeease!

micky_squint
04-09-2005, 08:29 PM
hello all, im after a bit of help if some one could be as kind to take a bit of time out of your busy schedules and put me in the right direction. The problem is that im 25 years old and ever since i left school i've been in dead end jobs in the vain hope I could carve out a good career out of one of them. but alas nowt has come of them. I've recently been talking to a couple of refrigeration engineers about your trade and i gotta be honest it all sounds quite intresting. I dont have any engineering back ground but I do hold a qualification in motorcycle mechanics so i have the abillity to learn how things work and how to carry out repairs. Im just wonering if some one could give me a bit of information on what training courses or qualification i need to obtain to become a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer? I live in birmingham so if any one nows of any where in the birmingham area that does the relevant courses and prices! Im sorry about the long message, right im off for a beer, thanks very much for taking out the time to read this thread!

rbartlett
04-09-2005, 08:48 PM
it may have done your cause slightly more good to write

"right I'm now off to the library to do some more research"

or

"I will now sit here on my fat lazy arse and google it for myself rather than piss off down the pub and leave you poor suckers to do it for me"

Good luck on your quest

cheers

richard

eggs
04-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Richard, you can't say that:eek:

cheers

eggs

micky_squint
04-09-2005, 10:06 PM
cheers for your help richard, I've spent hours on the net and hours on the phone over the last few weeks tryin to research as much as i can about your trade and thats how i came about this website. I have already found out a lot and have had a lot of helpful information from people in your trade but i was just wondering if there was anyone here how could give me a bit more advise, you know, friendly advise but i realise that no matter where you go in life there'll be doughnuts like you who are as moody a woman on her rag and cant be civil. but there you go! im sorry if your missus has stamped a big thumb print on your forehead and you begrudge a man goin out for a beer because your not allowed too! Thanks very much for your time though! i@d still appreciate abit of advice from other 'friendly folks though'! cheers

botrous
04-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Guys , let me ask one thing , to become and engineer in the UK , you don't need a high school degree then a university degree from the faculty of engineering ? please let me know how the system works there.

wambat
05-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Richard, forgive me but that was a quite a shrarp rebuke of a man you know nothing about. The man is asking for help not a scoulding. What's with that! :confused:

rbartlett
05-09-2005, 08:58 AM
cheers for your help richard, I've spent hours on the net and hours on the phone over the last few weeks tryin to research as much as i can about your trade and thats how i came about this website. I have already found out a lot and have had a lot of helpful information from people in your trade but i was just wondering if there was anyone here how could give me a bit more advise, you know, friendly advise but i realise that no matter where you go in life there'll be doughnuts like you who are as moody a woman on her rag and cant be civil. but there you go! im sorry if your missus has stamped a big thumb print on your forehead and you begrudge a man goin out for a beer because your not allowed too! Thanks very much for your time though! i@d still appreciate abit of advice from other 'friendly folks though'! cheers

Sexist too!!

http://www.summitskills.org.uk/public/downloads/England_HVACR.pdf

Cheers

richard

Lc_shi
05-09-2005, 09:07 AM
you'd better think Richard is just helping in another way-:). Good word is not comfortable for ears. However,I appreciate the friendly behavior for those who need help.

rgds
LC

Krups
05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
as far as im aware u dnt need any qualifications 2 work in this trade....
however some posts do require it,but those posts will also require generally 2 years + exp...
best advice 2 u , harrass every company you can get hold of till 1 gives u a job

chilly
05-09-2005, 11:31 AM
East Birmingham collage is where i believe the fridge courses are conducted these days. I'd sugest this would be a good place to ask about getting started.

I did my c&G at solihull tech but I understand solihull has been prity much wound down now, and all the big firs are sending their new recruits to east birmingam.

Ogh and if you get into this trade you will probably need to develop a thicker skin..

Good luck if you do decide to join the trade.

Temprite
05-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Sexist too!!

http://www.summitskills.org.uk/public/downloads/England_HVACR.pdf

Cheers

richard
Is that a picture of the teacher in that link:D?:D

rbartlett
05-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Is that a picture of the teacher in that link:D?:D

hey leave my mum out of this !!

cheers

richard

micky_squint
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
hey all, much appreciated for all the help from krups, chilly and especially richard (you know i love you really!). Gonna make a load of phone calls and send a load of emails then i'll let you know how i get on. cheers all, really do appreciate all your help!

michael