PDA

View Full Version : liquid injection

headgasket
05-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi what are the benefits’ of having liquid injection on a LT compressor, just put together a Copeland LT comp 3DS8 on a thermo king trailer, on R134a, is it on all the time or is it controlled by the head thermister.:)

abbsnowman
06-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Please excuse my ignorance but I don't understand what your asking. Also, I don't believe I have ever seen a Copland on a TK trailer???
Generaly speaking, liquid injection is used to cool compressor but I get a feeling that is not what your asking??

Magoo
06-02-2011, 04:51 AM
liquid injection on recips at discharge valves to keep discharge gas temps down and reduce vav wear. Unloader heads can screw things up though

headgasket
06-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi abbsnowman
I am asking this question as to many engineers were involved with this job, one engineer condemned the comp, and someone disconnected it, was sent away to be rebuilt but a different body came back, I had the job to refit it, with a box of bits.
I have seen liquid injection on LT packs with scroll comps, but not on a semi hermetic recip.
What I wanted to know really was could I have left off the liquid injector, as hopefully I have fitted it in the right place. It was a reefer box, a big beast of a comp

Aper Willy
06-02-2011, 01:15 PM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Willy%20Aper.ACER-3F7889A49C/Bureaublad/LLU/twin_rotary_compressor.jpg

charlie patt
06-02-2011, 05:34 PM
should of guessed by the flag the injector is to assist in cooling the windings when suction pressure gets lower

moggy66
06-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but I don't understand what your asking. Also, I don't believe I have ever seen a Copland on a TK trailer???
Generaly speaking, liquid injection is used to cool compressor but I get a feeling that is not what your asking??

Neither have i BUT i beleive this may be an old T/K container :confused: