PDA

View Full Version : kobul coolers

charlie patt
04-02-2011, 07:22 PM
any of you engineers haveing trouble with kobul evaporators at moment? fitted two in a freezer running of 2x 14 hp frasscold condensors fited last feb 2010 and haveing real problems with the loops leaking we have replaced one evap and the other has started now, room runs at minus 21 medium load on standard product not fish or annything acidic , the coils are well suported and no vibration no frosting with elec defrost the coils are matched to collers on install hp tested for 1 week tripple vac and vac pump oil change till suitable torrr 305 driers oil recovery and suction accumulators and mop power valves brand new r404a installed on site cut out lp 6 psi pipe run 10 metres with p traps on coil the manufactuer is blameing the 404 for moisture count he has not tested it yet so god nows how he does sounds that garbadge to me any ideas gents?

monkey spanners
04-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Never heard of such a thing! I expect the sight glass has been showing green since installation so how could there be any moisture in the R404A.

Might be worth having a word with the refrigerant manufacturer.

I would also think that unless you bought direct from the manufacturer, your warranty claim would be with your supplier, so what they say isn't your problem its the suppliers.

If i have learnt one thing with the small amount of warranty claims i have had to make it is to start as you mean to go on, don't give them an inch.

charlie patt
04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
spoke to a gas they burst out laughing i will send a sample for gradeing i think they are trying it on but it aint going to work

tonyelian
06-02-2011, 09:00 PM
hi
how is your defrost settings.if your defrost terminator set too high it may cause pipe bending causing leakage problem hope that help

charlie patt
06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
df term 7 dc at top of coil