PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi city multi pressure test.

rich367
04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Help!!!

Can someone please help is there a shut down procedure for the Mitsubishi city multi such as the Daikin VRV to open all vales to allow for Refrigerant removal, pressure testing and vacing?

Thnka for any help.

marc5180
04-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Not as far as i'm aware, I think the valves stay slightly open.

I would normally connect my gauges to the pipework and connect my vac gauge to one of the internal stubs inside the condesnor, this way you can be sure the condensor is also pulling a vac.

Thermatech
04-02-2011, 09:50 PM
For fast refrigerant recovery & vac use 2 sets of gauges at the outdoor unit one set connected to the Hp & Lp service ports on the outdoor unit & one set of gauges on the two service valves.

Although the LEV valve may be shut at the indoor units there are no valves in the liquid line at the BC box so the high pressure side will pressure test & vac ok.
On the gas side the BC box valves have tiny bleed hole in the valve pistons which allow presuure equalisation when the system is off & this then allows pressure test & vac of the low pressure side of the system.

The end result is a system which does not need any special setting for pressure test & vac.
Just make sure to connect to the high & low side of the system with your gauges.

This is why no special instructions for system setting given in the service manual for pressure testing & evacuation for driving open the LEV valves at the indoor units.