PDA

View Full Version : Regs for working in australia

improver No1
30-01-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm looking at moving to Australia, can anyone tell me the regs I need to use gas? Like we have F-GAS 2079 here!

Thanks

paul_h
30-01-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.arctick.org

improver No1
30-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Cheers Paul h

benjy150
05-02-2011, 04:29 PM
I am looking to get into refrigeration as I am moving to Australia at the beginning of 2012. Whats the best qualification I can do between now and then in my spare time (evenings and weekends) to make more more employable when I am out there??? Any ideas?
:D

Kev The Tool
05-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi, if you dont have an nvq2 then you cant apply, i am in the process now and i had to go to college and get my nvq 2, just to get my skills assesed over here before i could even apply. i am going for a state sponsorship visa, i can assure you its not just a case of thinking you can just go if you want to, the criteria is strict. it will take an average of 12 months from the time you apply, you have to be squeaky clean cos they check everything. once you get to oz you have to qualify as an electrician otherwise you cant work alone, and you have to have an arctik licence. i am sure the aussie lads on here will put you right. Kev

r.bartlett
05-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi, if you dont have an nvq2 then you cant apply, i am in the process now and i had to go to college and get my nvq 2, just to get my skills assesed over here before i could even apply. i am going for a state sponsorship visa, i can assure you its not just a case of thinking you can just go if you want to, the criteria is strict. it will take an average of 12 months from the time you apply, you have to be squeaky clean cos they check everything. once you get to oz you have to qualify as an electrician otherwise you cant work alone, and you have to have an arctik licence. i am sure the aussie lads on here will put you right. Kev

I applied and got state sponsorship to South Australia and although we chose not to go in the end for various reasons, if you need help let me know

Richard