PDA

View Full Version : carrier software update 5148

newjack
30-01-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm looking to update my ML2/ML3 software card. Can someone explain to me what is needed and how to do it. Also, where do i download the latest 5148 software from. does anyone have it? I'm guessing there is a program for my laptop also. Where do i get this? Can i just plug my card into my laptop or is there a sleeve that i need, sorry about all the questions, but trying to figure this out and ready to download files i need.

newjack
14-04-2011, 05:20 AM
To the top

adacus1
20-04-2011, 06:05 PM
The way recommended by Carrier is to use an Omnidrive PCMCIA reader to format and upload software. Software is available from the Carrier Transicold TransCentral website which is available to all Carrier Transicold Service Centers and requires an ID & password. Latest software versions are 5151 for Thinline Recip compressor units and 5348 for Eliteline / Primeline scroll compressor units. As they generally keep the numbers consistent for all software would expect an update to 5351 for the scroll compressor units shortly.

giacar76
24-04-2011, 10:29 PM
But other readers PCMCIA do not work??
you can not use other cards??

adacus1
25-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Other cards may or may not work as also inserting a card into a computer PCMCIA slot may or may not work but Carrier will only support the use of their own cards when used with the omnidrive. Using the card is simply a case of making sure that the Carrier menu program is loaded and the relevant operational program is loaded which is a drag and drop from your desk top to the card once you have downloaded the operational program from the Carrier Transcentral.

bruisermac
03-05-2011, 06:39 PM
you need an omnidrive to write the files. for you the best bet is to buy the carrier card with the latest data installed already. Then when you want to upgrade you can send it back to carrier and they can do it for you.

If you want to do it yourself you need to get the software first. Then you need an omnidrive. You can use any S-RAM based PCMIA card for the ML3 controllers but if you are using the adapter to upgrade the ML2i controller you need to use the actual CARRIER card. check out CSM cards thats also where you can get the omnidrive. Its expensive to say the least to get setup thats for sure.

giacar76
03-05-2011, 10:52 PM
PCMIA cards in need of constant supply ????????