PDA

View Full Version : Another service story

romaurie
30-08-2005, 04:09 AM
Many, many moons ago I was working for an industrial\commercial refrigeration company based in Poole, Dorset. I was on standby one Saturday morning when I received a call from a large pie manufacturing company about strange noises emanating from the "pigs cold-room". I told the duty storeman I would be in the store for about half an hour and woulkd let him know when I finished. Anyway, I had almost finished changing a 3/4 H.P. evaporator fan motor when the door to the coldroom slid open and someone shouted "anyone here "and immediately slammed the door shut. The lights went off and all the fans started bar the coil I was working on 'cause I'd isolated it in the main board. I yelled out "What about us pigs?" the door slid open again and a very shaky voice asked who said that? Now I was standing at the far side of the store behind the pigs [on hanging rails] so I coudln't be seen from the door. So I reminded him I was changing a fan motor. All I could here was him thumping his chest and shouting "keep going, keep going".