PDA

View Full Version : Just Turned Fridge On - Noisy

burbs
27-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi All -

Keen to get some friendly advice from. Just purchased a second hand fridge (my first actually) a Westinghouse WBT3100PB. Let it sit for about 3hours before turning on.

Just wandering what is an acceptable level of noise? Also, the sides feel a little warm (not hot, just warm) 15mins after turning on, is this normal?

burbs
27-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi All -

Keen to get some friendly advice from. Just purchased a second hand fridge (my first actually) a Westinghouse WBT3100PB. Let it sit for about 3hours before turning on.

Just wandering what is an acceptable level of noise? Also, the sides feel a little warm (not hot, just warm) 15mins after turning on, is this normal?
p.s just noticed a very very slight rattle

lawrence1
27-01-2011, 10:31 AM
yep, so it has a very very slight rattle?

burbs
27-01-2011, 11:27 AM
cheers for the reply, yep it is...

desA
27-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Wouldn't worry too much.

Tesla
27-01-2011, 01:33 PM
How old is your fridge and where is the rattle from top or bottom, does it stop if you open the door - it could be a noisy fan like mine (intermittent usually at 2 in the morning lol) Does it cool well in the fridge and will it freeze water? The big test is the ice cream - well that's important for my wife anyway.

Lloyd Nhenga
27-01-2011, 06:39 PM
my fridge starts but not running. it just cuts off after starts

chemi-cool
27-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey burbs,
Take a look at the bottom of the fridge [at the back]
There might be two copper tubes touching each other, move carefully one of them just so it will be free.

compressor could make some internal sounds but with that you can't do anything.

Internal fan can touch something, ice or dirt, needs to be cleaned.

burbs
27-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey Guys - Thanks so much for all the advice. Fridge seems to be running as at should (and not running all the time either). Sorry if I have wasted anyone's time its just that I am a rookie appliance purchaser and you never know what you'll get with second hand goods.

cheers