PDA

View Full Version : Deli Case

Stevo101
25-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I have a Deli case that is drying the cold meat out after 24hr. Is this caused from the Tx valve over feeding and a low superheat? I am unsure whether a low superheat or a valve that starves the coil and has a longer refrigerated cycle time would dry the stock out.

cool runings
25-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I have a Deli case that is drying the cold meat out after 24hr. Is this caused from the Tx valve over feeding and a low superheat? I am unsure whether a low superheat or a valve that starves the coil and has a longer refrigerated cycle time would dry the stock out.

Check the suction pressure.
If the pressure is too low the evap temp will be low (the delta T over the evap might be too high).
If the temp over the evap is to low it will dehumidify the meat.

All the best

coolrunnings

lawrence1
26-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Deli cases can suffer form light burn as well,,,,,,if you use standard tubes they will discolour cut meats,,,,are you sure it's low humidity,,,it may be a light issue.If the case is low on humidity you can increase %RH by fitting suction solenoid for temp control and defrost,,,the refrigerant keeps the coil pressure up and increases humidity,a pumpdown systen should not be used in deli cases.Lawrie
Lawrie