PDA

View Full Version : 10W multi fit fan motor

tekin
25-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi need to replace a whinning fan motor on a double door pepsi fridge ...the supply to the fan motor from the block is only live and nutral but the replacement fan motor has supply nutral and earth wires i noticed on the old fan motor the earth cable was not used would connecting the earth wire from the new motor to the earth terminal on the block be the correct way ....many thanks

marc5180
25-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Where does the earth terminal on the block go to?

If it goes onto the fridge casing then i would put it there.

monkey spanners
25-01-2011, 01:22 PM
If the connector block is a joiner in a cable, possibly wraped in tape then i expect an old motor that had only a L + N connection has been removed and to save time the guy has joined the cable instead of wiring it back to the main terminal.
As Marc says, make sure you earth the motor, i expect the fan motor feed will go back to a box, or the compressor which will have an earth terminal you can use.

If you don't feel competant to do this, get a engineer in to do it for you, no good saving a few ££ is your customers are getting a shock every time the get a can of coke!

Make sure you clean the fan blade and the condenser, also make sure you fit the blade the correct way round or it will not move enough air.

tekin
26-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Many thanks for your help the earth terminal wire from the temperature control unit on the front of the fridge is screwed on to the fridge casing then is connected to the earth terminal on the compressor i will use that ....many thanks again ...
ps I assumed that as the fan motor is connected to the fridge casing directly that any short would pop the fuse .....