PDA

View Full Version : Night Blinds - Energy consumption comparison?

buddy
23-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi Guys,

Do any of you have any information (a Powerpoint or PDF file) regarding energy consumption of say an open fronted integral (plug in) or a supermarket Multi-deck before it had night blinds fitted and then the energy consumption comparison after it had night blinds fitted.

I am trying to convince a customer to have night blinds fitted who switches the air con off in the store at night.

An x - y graph with a 24 hour time snapshot and energy consumption would be great.

Searched the net...couldnt find what a want.

Hope you can help?

lawrence1
23-01-2011, 10:03 AM
buddy,
That is a very good question and you will find that the case manufacturers will be very reluctant to devulge any cost savings as that will let us know how inefficent open cases are.I have just completed supervising and scoping a brand new store with auto electric nightblinds on all open cases controlled by a Einstein E2 controller and as the store is on a suspended concrete slab the carpark under the cases is raining water,,,the slab temperature is 23c in the carpark and the ambient is 30c,,slab temp right in front of the cases is 12c.
I would estimate a loss of 60%.
It would be great if not amazing to hear from case manufacturers on this issue.
Any takers out there?
Lawrie

Chunk
23-01-2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.thermasolutions.co.uk/technical.html

This might help.

gesi
23-01-2011, 06:26 PM
hi buddy.
Remis has (in 2002) coefficient of energy consumption open multideck (without blinds) 13,7kWh/(running meter of multideck*day). coefficient of energy consumption multideck with bilnds -> 10,87kWh(running meter of multideck*day). Thay use this for calculation of payback period.
regards

lawrence1
24-01-2011, 09:57 AM
gesi,
what length case is that consumption based on?
Lawrie

lawrence1
24-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Chunk,
Thankyou for that link,,,,very interesting,,,,but no comment for a case manufacturer.
Lawrie

gesi
25-01-2011, 09:26 AM
gesi,
what length case is that consumption based on?
Lawrie

hi
these are medium coefficient, for running meter of multideck. for example multdeck linde Methos 375 have energy consumption 51kWh/day (without blins) and about 40kWh/day (with blinds). These coefficient I finded in printed old technical materials of remis. Coefficients may be various for various producnets odf cabinet (other for very good insulation, other for this, bad insulation of refrigeration cabinets).
I think that remis calculated these coefficient experimentally.

buddy
26-01-2011, 12:15 PM
buddy,
That is a very good question and you will find that the case manufacturers will be very reluctant to devulge any cost savings as that will let us know how inefficent open cases are.I have just completed supervising and scoping a brand new store with auto electric nightblinds on all open cases controlled by a Einstein E2 controller and as the store is on a suspended concrete slab the carpark under the cases is raining water,,,the slab temperature is 23c in the carpark and the ambient is 30c,,slab temp right in front of the cases is 12c.
I would estimate a loss of 60%.
It would be great if not amazing to hear from case manufacturers on this issue.
Any takers out there?
Lawrie

Hi Lawrence1,

Wow..the scenario you describe is almost sounds like a bare fully functioning connected coil laid out on the floor.

Most reputable manufacturers do testing to conform to climate class 3 which is max 25 0C and 60% RH operating range.

May i enquire who is the manufactuer of the case?

lawrence1
26-01-2011, 08:52 PM
buddy,
sorry to say the worst cases for air loss are Aussoe made,,,Frigrite(now closed down) and Austral.Both designed for and by the 2 supermarkets for looks not efficency.

buddy
27-01-2011, 03:20 AM
buddy,
sorry to say the worst cases for air loss are Aussoe made,,,Frigrite(now closed down) and Austral.Both designed for and by the 2 supermarkets for looks not efficency.

Oh dear, I actually thought you were going to say Chinese made as some of the quality of there cases are atrocious including the chinese made big names Carrier China and Hussmann China.

For those interested in nightblinds please see attached file.

A friend of mine just gave me this PDf on a Korean night blind presentation.

buddy
27-01-2011, 03:37 AM
buddy,

Oh dear, I actually thought you were going to say Chinese made as some of the quality of there cases are atrocious including the chinese made big names Carrier China and Hussmann China.

For those interested in nightblinds please see attached file.

A friend of mine just gave me this PDf on a Korean night blind presentation.

Sorry the file is too big to upload (5.5Mb), Please PM for the file if interested and i shall forward on.