PDA

View Full Version : upside down fridge/freezer not cooling properly

Barney01
23-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Hi,

I have recently bought a second hand 420 litre frost free westinghouse with the freezer on the bottom. It is about 3 - 4 years old.

Its been plugged in for about 3 days now, and the freezer section is not that cold. I have both the fridge and freezer thermostats on coldest, and neither section feels as cold as it should be. The fan has been running continuosly - it seems as if the fridge isn't cooling for whatever reason so the thermostat tells the compressor to keep running. The fan will turn off if I twist the thermostat around to warm.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

aircon
23-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Take out gas weigh and recharge may resolve problem.

slingblade
29-09-2005, 03:11 PM
question? what is the refrigerant? what is the suction pressure? what is the air td over the freezer evap? if its a fan assisted condensor, what is the ait td over this?

chemi-cool
29-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi Barney01,

Are there two compressors?

If it runs on 134, It is in many cases, a blocked cap tube.

Chemi:)

chillin out
29-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Erm guys,

I think barney01 came here posted that and aint been back since which was a month ago.
:) :)

Bones
07-10-2005, 08:20 AM
should be a single comp job running on 134a

i'd say the defrost element has blown causing freezer coil to ice up as dtt still has circuit to run evap fan, if coil wasnt cold fan shouldnt run, either that or time clocks packed it in and its stuck on fridge.