PDA

View Full Version : I am an idiot!

Steltzer
23-01-2011, 02:52 AM
ok, help. LOL i went out to a customer today to fix a leak in the sight glass flare connection. fixed the leak, vac-ced out and topped up with refrigerant. the room came down to 12 degrees celcius, and i left. got home, and realised i put 507 in it. it is aR22 system, with a r22 TXV, running a kirby WJ26MHG compressor!! must be because it is a sunday, and my brain is fried from the last week. anyway, will it be ok till tomorrow, or does that need to be fixed asap? i wish i had done refrigeration engineering!

mikeref
23-01-2011, 03:46 AM
ok, help. LOL i went out to a customer today to fix a leak in the sight glass flare connection. fixed the leak, vac-ced out and topped up with refrigerant. the room came down to 12 degrees celcius, and i left. got home, and realised i put 507 in it. it is aR22 system, with a r22 TXV, running a kirby WJ26MHG compressor!! must be because it is a sunday, and my brain is fried from the last week. anyway, will it be ok till tomorrow, or does that need to be fixed asap? i wish i had done refrigeration engineering!
Hi there, is it a open drive/semi or sealed unit? Won't be good if mineral oil only is on board. TX will be o.k... Mike

mikeref
23-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Opps, sorry, did not see compressor type. How old is the compressor as these have poe oil. Coldroom only?

Steltzer
23-01-2011, 04:08 AM
it is a fully hermetically sealed unit. the compressor is actually rated for 507/404/22, so i don't think the oil is the problem, more the fact it has a R22 TXV and a number 02 orifice. i am more worried about the suction pressure, as this unit has no t/stat, it is controlled by low pressure control (i hate it when people install them that way). i think i will go back tonight and change the gas over, all under freakin warranty! LOL the joys of business ownership!

Steltzer
23-01-2011, 04:09 AM
it is 1 month old, i did the comp change just before new years. and yes it is a cool room only, twin fan buffalo trident evap

mikeref
23-01-2011, 04:15 AM
it is 1 month old, i did the comp change just before new years. and yes it is a cool room only, twin fan buffalo trident evap
Then it will be o.k. for now HOWEVER.. do you remember if it was vapour or liquid charged? My guess is, thinking it was R22, you vapour charged it right?

Steltzer
23-01-2011, 04:22 AM
well.....a little (little!) bit of liquid in the suction line, these compressors have quite a good capacity for liquid charging as the suction port inside is right at the very top of the casing. i have organised with the wife to go and quickly swap out the gas tonight, she can come and brings the kids, we will have tea after somewhere in the city in melb. what a pain! don't you hate it when you do crap like that! i know liquid charging is a no no :(

mikeref
23-01-2011, 04:36 AM
;)R507 is liquid charge only, so on any 507 systems you will have to do this liquid charging carefully. Kirby units are fine and as you said, can take variety of gasses as all the newer ones are poe oil. No thermostat systems pi** me off, too much tinkering with pressure switch. Difference on R22/R507 suction comparrison is about 110Kpa, 507 will be higher pressure, coldroom will run too cold. Enjoy your night out in the city..Mike

Steltzer
23-01-2011, 04:51 AM
haha thanks for the help mike, i really appreciate it mate.

Tayters
23-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Never used R507 but as it's a R500 gas, therefore an azeotrope, then it could be charged as vapour.

Andy.

Quality
23-01-2011, 06:40 PM
;)R507 is liquid charge only, so on any 507 systems you will have to do this liquid charging carefully.

R 507 can be charged a a vapor just like we used to with 502 and 500

It is an Azeotropic blend not a R4 zeotropic;)

mikeref
23-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Tayters,Quality, thanks guys. There was some chatter here recently re: R507, liquid or vapour. Suppliers here still maintain the 5 series to be liquid charge, so i've been following their (mis) direction. Next time i'll do vapour. Tayters.. your last avatar was better;)...Mike

Tayters
23-01-2011, 11:17 PM
:off topic:Aim to please.

Got a couple more in the bag though!

Andy.

mikeref
23-01-2011, 11:46 PM
:off topic:Aim to please.

Got a couple more in the bag though!

Andy.
LoL, yeh, do you have a thing for redheads?:D