PDA

View Full Version : bosch KAN58A40GB/07 freezer not freezing

slyp98
20-01-2011, 09:23 PM
this american style side by side is not getting cold enough in the freezer it sayed -18 on the display but its more like 0 or +1 the condenser fan is working and i had the back inside cover off to expose the evaporator it had a block of ice on top of it so i let it defrost for a day or 2 , where do i start with diagnostics is there a bosch diagnostic routine ?? thanks

Northdude
24-01-2011, 11:07 PM
i dont usually do domestic but block of ice on the evap coil sounds like a defrost problem (check heaters/defrost settings). Is the temp sensor/ probe in the evap coil or surrounded by ice? if so it would explain why your getting a reading of -18 on the display. Another possibility is that temp sensor/probe is out of calibration causing freezer to run all day long causing evap coil to ice up, is evap fan running?

slyp98
26-01-2011, 02:30 PM
no evap fan running just pulled it out and i cant get a reading off it with my mutimeter , its all over the place on the scale goes to o/l and back to 58 ohms and back to o/l constantly thats with the fan stationary its a 13v dc motor so i presume same rules apply when checking for earth leakage and comtinuity through the control wires