PDA

View Full Version : Gasket

cstyx
20-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi,

Would like to know the gasket material (name) which come along with semi hermetic compressor and which type of gasket good for semi hermetic when overhaul.

My dad brought back few sheets of different brand, different dia. gasket from Malaysia which in very low quality, few months after it all leaks especially discharge area , i'm going to Singapore soon so hope can find the correct material.:confused: Someone told me look for asbestos gasket, correct me if he's wrong. Thanks

NoNickName
20-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Asbestos is dangerous and pollutant. Have you tried with the manufacturer of the compressor?

chemi-cool
20-01-2011, 05:07 PM
When I didn't have the right gasket in the van, I used the kind of gasket used by car mechanics.
I don't know the name but it is thin hard material, soak it in refrigeration oil and it becomes soft and easy to work with.
Mark the shape with a solid piece of aluminium, cut with a sharp knife and you get the gasket you desire.

Gingerair
20-01-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.klinger.co.at/

:)

chemi-cool
20-01-2011, 07:09 PM
This stuff is made of layers and not easy to work with, but this is my experience and opinion only.

NoNickName
20-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Klinger is actually one of the suppliers of most compressor manufacturers, but unlikely to supply the raw material in small batches.

Gingerair
20-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Some Klingersil C-44's are a used in refrigeration.
Had no problem in the Uk getting Klingersil, depending on thinkness normally cut from roll 1metre wide, not cheap though.. Found them good to work with, although there is a bit of skill involved in making good gaskets.. :D

They produce loads of different types for different applications..

cstyx
20-01-2011, 11:14 PM
When I didn't have the right gasket in the van, I used the kind of gasket used by car mechanics.
I don't know the name but it is thin hard material, soak it in refrigeration oil and it becomes soft and easy to work with.
Mark the shape with a solid piece of aluminium, cut with a sharp knife and you get the gasket you desire.

Yes, i guess he can't find the right one so using car machine type, i saw the same gasket used by car workshop, it look fragile and paper like quality.

cstyx
20-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Asbestos is dangerous and pollutant. Have you tried with the manufacturer of the compressor?

We used to buy original gasket but expensive, one set cost about Singapore 150 plus, compare to buying in rolls (meter) can make 8 sets and above depending on compressor sizes.

Gingerair
20-01-2011, 11:36 PM
As NNN says Klinger supply gasket material to many OEM companies..

From Google, Klinger agents Singapore-
http://www.shipserv.com/search/results/index/?searchWhat=Klinger&searchText=Singapore&searchWhere=SG&searchType=brand&ssrc=1175&filters%5BbrandId%5D%5B%5D=2372