PDA

View Full Version : Mitzi tripping breaker !!

garytreez
19-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi all,

Indoor - MSZ A 12YV
OUTDOOR -MUZ A12YV

I was called to this unit as it was running fan only and not heating or cooling. Tried a reset...changed ALL pcb`s...but still no joy. This is the unit that has power to the indoor unit first, then to the outdoor unit. When a arrived, the outdoor plastic terminal and pipe cover was on the floor. Have been back and replaced fan motor and checked compressor but its still tripping. Checked interconnecting wire and noticed that its been installed with the live into the comms 12v :eek:. I have changed it and it still trips unless i disconnect the neutral from the "outdoor terminal block to the power pcb"
What damage can be done & what can i do.....try a new power pcb ??? please help...

tareg70
20-01-2011, 06:53 PM
hi try to dissconnect the comp and run the systm, if it run then change your comp happy day
tariq

james10
20-01-2011, 06:59 PM
is has the correct breaker been installed should be type "C" or "D"

caseco
21-01-2011, 07:35 PM
by pass the rcbo ac units in general cant be fed from the same citcuit as sockets

SkyWalker
21-01-2011, 07:51 PM
As tareg 70 said, disconnnect the compressor terminals and run system, if it doesnt trip then you compressor winding are either down to earth or its seized, Ohm the windings out then use a megger and do a insulation resistance test to check windings.