PDA

View Full Version : williams retarder/prover

Andy AC
19-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Hello guys, have any of you guys got or have a link to a service/tech manual for a ten year old retarder prover? Model number RPC2T, serial number 0012302302. I have the operating instructions but nothing else.
Any help much appreciated.

Andy

charlie patt
19-01-2011, 08:15 PM
have the controller book what do you need to know

Andy AC
19-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I have got the operating instructions for the controller, but what I need is parameter settings, wiring diagrams, exploded parts diagrams etc.
I've never seen retarder/provers until this week - a customer of mine moved premises, during the move, smashed the condenser coil on one of his machines. And this one which has never had a problem, now trips rcd every few hours. Probably a defrost heater problem, if it has got one. Before I go In there and start ripping it to bits I'd like to be armed with some sort of info on the machine first.

Andy

charlie patt
20-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Whats it on when trip goes this unit has some serious heaters does it blow trip on heat or prove or retard they tend to go bang when the water goes in

Andy AC
20-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I still haven't been back to it, the baker says it when compressor tries to start. He had an electrician have a quick look and has determined that the unit has a slight earth leak somewhere. He has also taken that circuit off the rcd, system holding in now. I'll do a megger test on the comp next time I'm in there. Every bit of kit he has moved to the new site has had problems since the move.

Andy

charlie patt
21-01-2011, 06:46 PM
had the same on a williams prover the condensing unit held in by small screws when unit moved the invisible fairys came in and smashed the neck off condensor ity went in switched on and ran but no lp switch so bang went the comp, those damn fairies