PDA

View Full Version : hotpoint ffa97p not working properly.

king eric
19-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi there again. further to my post yesterday the engineer that i spoke to at the time said the most likely cause was some thermal fuses in the appliance get iced up this stops the fridge from working properly and then the freezer ices up, as i said in earlier post this is the third time this problem has occured so i am now thinking these fuses need replacing? is this an expensive job or would i be better off replacing the appliance? and if it is not too much to do the job can anyone in the birmingham area help me.

sedgy
19-01-2011, 02:33 PM
hi eric,
it all depends on how much its worth ? how old is it? is it in mint condition? get a quote off a reputable firm, if you thint its worth it one payment might be worth it.
, sedgy,

tonto33
19-01-2011, 03:37 PM
thermal fuse is easy to replace for anyone with minor diy skills, we sell the fuse for £12 if need one
airkool@hotmail.co.uk

tb637
20-01-2011, 01:50 AM
I think the problem is the drainage hole freezing over and when the heaters come on the water was coming into the freezer and out the door instead of through the hole. Some engineers hang a bit of copper wire from the heater into the drainage hole to warm up with the heater and stop ice forming

king eric
22-01-2011, 10:48 PM
thermal fuse is easy to replace for anyone with minor diy skills, we sell the fuse for £12 if need one
airkool@hotmail.co.uk
hi tonto thanks for the advice but before i order a fuse can you please tell me where the thermal fuse is located on the appliance?
kind regards.
king eric.

tonto33
22-01-2011, 11:30 PM
located in freezer compartment behind panel

tb637
23-01-2011, 01:43 PM
in your other post you said water was coming out of the bottom of the unit, so the heaters must be working to be able to create water on the defrost cycle. if the drainage hole is blocked with ice the water has nowhere to go but over the top of the channel and out the cabinet. if the thermal fuse has blown the heater won't work.