PDA

View Full Version : Copeland Scroll in reversable heat pump

Geothermal
19-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi, I have a Water to Water heat pump with a copeland scroll compressor, In heating the compressor works fine suction 6-9Bar and discharge around 25-30 bar, the problem is when i reverse it to put it in cooling mode the compressor sound like its going to shake itself to bits in cooling the suction is 9bar and the discharge is 10bar, is there an issue with the suction and discharge being so close?

nike123
19-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Your reversing valve is faulty and it bypass partially suction and discharge of compressor in cooling mode.

Geothermal
19-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi Nike, Thanks for the reply, i have checked the operation of the reversing valve, it does operate ok but im not sure if its sealing 100% i will look at this again, do you know if running the compressor at very close suction and discharge pressures will cause an issue? Thanks

nike123
19-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Nike, Thanks for the reply, i have checked the operation of the reversing valve, it does operate ok but im not sure if its sealing 100% i will look at this again, do you know if running the compressor at very close suction and discharge pressures will cause an issue? Thanks

Yes, it will overheat.

It is definitely 4-way valve if compressor is noisy and pressures are close, and in same time, in heating mode everything is fine.

goshen
19-01-2011, 03:44 PM

Hi:
take nike123 advice and use it! he gave you the best advice!!AND FOR FREE :Dyou can check the four way valve, by simply checking the temps on the pipes!
good luck:)