PDA

View Full Version : Anti-vibration mountings

Aik
19-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Bitzer recomended:

The compressor can be rigidly mounted, if no danger of breakage due to vibration exists in the associated pipeline system....
Otherwise the compressor must be fixed on anti-vibration mountings.

I saw many compressor's mains in which on the frames compressors were mounted without anti-vibration mountings (rigidly), but some of this frames were mounted on floor through anti-vibration mountings and others - rigidly.
How do you calculate when anti-vibration mountings need?

Best regards, Aik.

Bones
19-01-2011, 08:59 AM
if you turn up to a breakdown and find elbows fractured/twisted and leaking around compresser after the fact is usually a good indication of said problem.

can also be from too loose mounted compresser too from moving on startup like a scrol.

you can also feel the pipework to see if compresser vibration mountings are needed which i usually find on larger comercial compressers or combination of both this and vibration elimination pipe work.

Brian_UK
19-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Have a read or download....

http://www.vibrationmounts.com/V100/V100Cat.htm

Aik
20-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Thanks a lot.
I'm interesting how do you know do you need anti-vibration mountings or not, when planing condencing unit or compressor's mains? Is it only practical experience or have a simple :) formula?

chemi-cool
20-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Every manufacturer builds different condensing unit.
Some with Anti-vibration mountings and some without.

Big compressors vibrate less because of the weight.

A good quality flexible pipe connected in the right direction and place, can over come the mounting problem.

You have to check the cause of vibrations.
Some time they indicate a broken valve or piston rod.