PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration calculation

johnson.lee.biu
19-01-2011, 02:45 AM
Can someone help to calculate the size and the volume of an ammonia suction pressure receiver and what size liquid pump should be used for a 90ton chilling room measuring 40ft x 83ft x 11ft.
Also if the capacity of the compressor and the evaporative condenser was given, what would the size and volume of the high pressure liquid pressure vessel and how many tons of liquid ammonia would the high pressure liquid pressure hold at a safe level.:)

750 Valve
04-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Mate people usually get paid for this information, I suggest you contact a consultant to work it out for you.

mbc
04-02-2011, 12:08 PM
what you mean of suction pressure receiver? you mean suction separator vessel?
1- you should calculate your load.
2- you design your system ( Comp. Cond.)
3- calculate how much you need liquid to cool room down then capacity of you NH3 pump.
4- after that you receiver size

your system is too small you go for this type of system. I Think it is better you go to for ferion R -22 or other type or if you want or you have to use NH3,go for NH3 DX system. the cost more more less than pump system in this size.

McFranklin
05-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Just exactly are you trying to do? Because the 90 ton figure doesn't match the room size very well.
And like MBC said a 90 ton system is too small to warrant an ammonia system.

johnson.lee.biu
22-02-2011, 10:18 PM
No big drama bro, I was just trying to open up technical discussion with some smart refrigeration gurus out there.