PDA

View Full Version : Daikin FTXS71KVMA comm' error

Filunder
17-01-2011, 10:41 AM
G'day
i just installed a dainkin FTXS71KVMA connected to RXS71JVMA outdoor unit. tried to turnit on but nothing. i've got power goin in to the indoor board but noyhin comin out. spoke with daikin tech on the phone and told me that the units aren't compatible, and said indoor should be connected to an RXS71kvma. another daikin tech told me it's totally compatible. any ideas?
thanks in advance.

Bones
17-01-2011, 11:01 AM
f stands for indoor and r for outdoor in daikin if its a h/wall split which it should be going off the codes i'd say there not compatible as you've been told...

found this on daikin website.
http://www.daikin.com.au/product.asp?pid=356&tab=3

Bones
17-01-2011, 11:06 AM
you may have an non inverter head hooked up to an inverter outdoor this would give you comms error straight away...

dont work at daikin dealer anymore so cant get any extra information for you sorry.

Filunder
17-01-2011, 11:14 AM
thats what it thought as well. but a different daikin tech told me that it's totally compatible. on their brochure it says that ftxs71jvma should only be connected to rxs71jvma, not ftxs71kvma to rxs71jvma. kinda confused a bit. customer whinging at the back doesnt help either. what does the j and k stands for anyway?
tha again

Bones
17-01-2011, 11:23 AM
it is just the model. i cant get any more information about this exept i know that 'JVMA' is an inverter model.

you will almot certainly need to either change indoor head or outdoor unit to matching model unfortunatley.

Filunder
19-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks all for your support. finally got hold of some1 from daikin, and told me that, it's not an "official combination" but should work. apparently indoor fan motor and indoor pcb needs to be replaced. this's a brand new unit out of the box. lets hope this work..

Bones
19-01-2011, 08:43 AM
my guess would be not much change out of $900 to $1000 AUD for parts needed to do this at your cost no doubt.

who supplied you the unit? cant they supply you the correct indoor head to match condensing set or right condensing set to match indoor head since they screwed it up. then all you'd have to do is reclaim gas, replace indoor head (mounting bracket would be same) or condenser reconnect flares and elect re-vac put gas back in and away you go - 1 to 2 hours max assuming b/back install of course.

i would be pushing for whatever dealer supplied you this unit to help you out here with this, do they know this happened?

climarm
19-01-2011, 09:15 PM
ok you said that youi've got power goin into the indoor board but nothin comin out .i supposed you measured this with a polymeter right??? now if this is correct and you do have power supply going into the outdoor pcb , you should try to open the outdoor unit (power supply off) and check if it has any fuse (made from glass)-3.14 A , 10 A ech... on the outdoor pcb. . .

Filunder
20-01-2011, 08:19 AM
found out that indoor fan motor has cooked itself from the word go. i've already ordered indoor fan motor and indoor pcboard. all under warranty off course, considering unit's only a week old. getting 3 different ideas from daikin was something that i never expected. oh well i guess can't always win ey. thanks all for yer support.

Filunder
22-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I just found out that the Sparkie who run the power, used a 6mm cable. unit's only a 7.1 kw and draws (5-6A FLA) - not 100% sure. just wondering if its drawing excessive current and taking the fuse out, and if its worth repalcing the cable with 4mm. whadeye reckon?

Filunder
22-01-2011, 08:20 AM
its on a 32A breaker as well.

r.bartlett
22-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I just found out that the Sparkie who run the power, used a 6mm cable. unit's only a 7.1 kw and draws (5-6A FLA) - not 100% sure. just wondering if its drawing excessive current and taking the fuse out, and if its worth repalcing the cable with 4mm. whadeye reckon?

no. cable size here is a red herring