PDA

View Full Version : Daikin twin fan condenser fan problem

weidit
14-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi guys
Got called to a unit with a e7 error found faulty fan motor (hardly turn it and had knocking sounds)
Replaced this but still have the error. Could the failed fan motor have taken out one of the pcb boards?

Can't see any damage and checked all fuses.

Many thanks

marc5180
16-01-2011, 09:38 AM
It's possible yes.

I've had a similar problem before which resulted in the fan motor taking out the PCB as there was no safety circuiit i.e overload for the fan.

Whats the model number.

weidit
16-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I'll post model number tomorrow as don't have it to hand.

The LEDs on the pcb boars are as follows: green on with red flashing. On the table in the cover it says this means pcb board ok.
So I'm guessing inverter board.

As the fan motors have been replaced.
Many thanks

weidit
17-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Model number is rzq125b8w1b r410a

Condenser coil is clean. And there is no sign of damage to the board. Fan motors have both been changed.

Thinking it's the board now. But not sure which one.

Many thanks

Bones
17-01-2011, 08:41 AM
if there similar to our units a crook fan can take a pcb out through overcurrent draw if unit is an inverter type.

p_p
17-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I have experienced same problem, told to swap all boards by Daikin Tech because they said it was impossible to know which board/component had failed.
Might be different now this was about 4yrs ago.

PP

weidit
17-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Ye it's a new system r410a installed about 16 months ago according to the client. The pcb board is flashing correctly so I'm guessing it's the inverter board. I'm returning to site this week. Will let you know I have had it before.

Trouble is if the fan can take out both boards. By the time replace motors and boards you could probably get a new condenser !!!

charlie patt
17-01-2011, 09:39 PM
call daikin warrantie 3 yr parts warrantie they seem to more accurate when the cost is out of there pocket