PDA

View Full Version : exp valve location

bernard
17-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Hello

I have seen some freezer coldrooms recently with the TEV,S mounted on the roofs with the valve boards.Is there any advantage to this.

Thankyou

Bernard

US Iceman
17-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi Bernard,

Is this an ammonia system or the other stuff (*****s)? Are the valves thermostatic expansion valves or hand expansion valves?

Do the expansion valves have distributors close to the valve, or close to the evaporators. I'm not quite sure of what you are describing by the valve board. Is this the electronic board for the valve?

I just want to be sure of what you have before I offer some ideas.

Normally, the valves and distributors are located as close as possible to the evaporators. I have seen some remotely located, and they do not seem to control very well.

Look forward to hearing more about your situation.

US Iceman

bernard
17-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi

Thermostatic exp valves.On R22 the distributer is close to the evap.The valve boards and exp valves are mounted on the external roof of coldroom.The board consist of suction,liquid and sat gas solenoid valves.Every other store has the exp valve in the evap,I was just curious why these were mounted on the roof.

Thankyou

Bernard

Mark
17-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Bernard

It was probably put on top to save getting cold when changing it:D ,normally ive seen everything in the valve station remote apart from the tev.

Fitting remote TEV etc is a installation practice when fitting coldrooms in morgues for example...for some reason:)

Regards. Mark

bernard
17-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Cheers mark

I did some morgue work once,never again.

Bernard

chillyhamster
18-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Was it in a J Sainsbury's store?. They like to install pre-manifactured valveboards on the roof of coldstores, would you rather service / repair inside the box or in the warm on top.
Many different combinations, Tev, Pev , or stepper expansion device. Epr or Teddington modulating valve and hot / sat gas valve for three pipe system including sov's and service access.

Kevin S
18-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Hello Bernard,

I have seen this a few times. Besides the advantage of having service access outside the freezing air, the other advantage is that if the room is very high, (say a fruit room of 10x 10 x 8m high), then you dont have to arrange special access from inside the room. This is a big probelm in large rooms that are fully loaded with product and the product would have to be removed to get access with a special man lifting machine.
Kevin S.