PDA

View Full Version : tricky TRANE wiring a 115v motor

kurt s
14-01-2011, 02:19 PM
i have a trane unit ventilator with high and low speed for the fan.

should be a simple 115ac motor replacement, the problem is im having trouble understanding the wiring.

there are 5 wires (white, black, oragne, blue, red) one would think white is neutral, and the others are speeds but this is not the case.

for cw rotation red,blue must be jumped together..... white is hot (115v) and black and orange have either 18v for the high speed or 36v for low speed feeding them, depending if the switch is set at hig or low.

i have never seen this before, anyone else here have any idea how these work?

Lowrider
15-01-2011, 02:19 PM
what is the unit type?

goshen
15-01-2011, 04:29 PM
i have a trane unit ventilator with high and low speed for the fan.

should be a simple 115ac motor replacement, the problem is im having trouble understanding the wiring.

there are 5 wires (white, black, oragne, blue, red) one would think white is neutral, and the others are speeds but this is not the case.

for cw rotation red,blue must be jumped together..... white is hot (115v) and black and orange have either 18v for the high speed or 36v for low speed feeding them, depending if the switch is set at hig or low.

i have never seen this before, anyone else here have any idea how these work?
Hi:
this would seem lika standard single phase motor with accses to both windings for rotation change ,and speed control.
a model name would be appreciated and if possible a scanned wiring diagram!:D