PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Multi head problem

d.c
13-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi all,

Just hoping to get some advice on a problem I am having with an older Daikin a/c unit.

I don't have the exact model of the multi head outdoor unit but all the 3 of the indoor units are FT25FV1A.

I had the compressor replaced about 3 years ago due to a major failure after all the gas leaked out and since then it's been fine.

About a year ago I discovered that when I turn on one of the indoor units it just started up and then turned off... The error code is E0... I didn't worry as I didn't really use this unit and the other 2 worked fine.

Tonight I discovered one of the 2 remaining unit now has the same problem... E0.... It had been working and just shut itself down... The remaining unit still works fine.....

I've tried turning the main circuit breaker off for 30 min but still the same problem. Any suggestions given that it is effecting 2 of the 3 indoor units and the outdoor unit is working.

Any help would be much appreciated
Danny

moondawn
13-01-2011, 08:11 PM
hi there E0 Is outdoor Protection Devices.

Could be a number of things like compressor fan motor etc

cheers lee

d.c
13-01-2011, 10:56 PM
But wouldn't these issue effect all 3 internal units given they share the same outdoor unit?

d.c
25-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Any suggesions how I could be getting an E0 Error "outdoor Protection Devices" when another internal device is still working fine?

frank
25-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Is the remaining indoor fan coil just operating in "fan only" mode?

Try turning it on in "cooling" mode with a minimum set point and then see if the outdoor unit is running.

d.c
25-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Is the remaining indoor fan coil just operating in "fan only" mode?

Try turning it on in "cooling" mode with a minimum set point and then see if the outdoor unit is running.

Thanks for your reply.

I should have mentioned that in my original post... Of the 3 indoor units all work fine in 'Fan' mode.. As soon as Cooling is turned on 2 of the units shut themselves down giving the E0 error... The third works and cools (outdoor unit is running / working)....

Does the E0 error imply the issue is with the outdoor unit and if so is there anything particular that causes this error that would be specific to each indoor unit?

Regards,
D.C

frank
25-01-2011, 10:52 AM
The EO error refers to one of the outdoor protection devices activating.

It could be either the fan motor or the compressor.

If you let the outdoor unit cool down and then reset the power, the unit can run and appear to be working correctly, however, as the faulty part heats up, the electrical resistances alter and then the unit faults.

It is normally a sign that the windings in the fan or compressor are electrically breaking down.

A megger test will confirm this.

d.c
25-01-2011, 10:45 PM
The EO error refers to one of the outdoor protection devices activating.

It could be either the fan motor or the compressor.

If you let the outdoor unit cool down and then reset the power, the unit can run and appear to be working correctly, however, as the faulty part heats up, the electrical resistances alter and then the unit faults.

It is normally a sign that the windings in the fan or compressor are electrically breaking down.

A megger test will confirm this.

I turned the power off at the switchboard to the a/c overnight.... After turning it back on the two units with the issue pretty much turn themselves off quite quickly... I never hear the compressor turn on....

However the third happly works... I guess my point has been that if its the compressor or fan wouldn't this cause all the internal units to fail?

Thanks,
D.C

d.c
31-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Anyone??

Does someone at least have a definitive list of the faults E0 represents?